3 - the sorting

Y/n POV:
—————

As I entered the Great Hall with Harry, Ron, and Hermione I was amazed by the beautiful scene in front of me.

It was a long hall with very large windows allowing just the right amount of light to shine through. There were four long lunch tables, probably meant for each of the houses.

"Attention everyone!" a man with a very long beard, known as Dumbledore announced.

(I knew most of the Hogwarts teachers' names because I was here during fourth year for the Triwizard Tournament).

"The sorting ceremony will now begin!"

A large, rusty hat was placed onto a singular wooden stool at the front of the hall. As the first year's names began to be called, I started to get a little nervous.

What if I wasn't placed in Gryffindor with my friends?

When my parents attended Hogwarts, my mother was a Ravenclaw and my father was a Slytherin. Neither were Gryffindor.

"Now, moving onto the other years," Professor Dumbledore declared, "Sixth year student, Y/n Whitmoore!"

Ron gave me a pat on the back and Hermione hugged me tightly.

"You've got this Y/n. There's nothing to worry about," Harry reassured me.

I slowly made my way up to the front of the Great Hall. As I looked around the room, I saw that everyone's eyes were on me.

Gulp.

I sat down on the wooden stool and Professor McGonagall placed the hat gently on my head. The hat shifted on my head adjusting itself.

"A Whitmoore! This should be interesting..." the hat started. My hands began to shake.

"You are hardworking. Very hardworking. A little stubborn, just like your father. Very caring, just like your mother. This is a difficult decision..." the sorting hat continued.

I closed my eyes in anticipation.

Please be Gryffindor, please please please be Gryffindor, I repeated in my head.

The room fell silent as the hat decided on my fate at Hogwarts.

"Let it be...Slytherin!" the sorting hat declared.

My heart dropped into my stomach.

No, no, no it can't be.

Several shocked gasps were heard around the Great Hall. I opened my eyes to see everyone's jaws dropped.

I looked over at the golden trio to see their somewhat disappointed faces.

Would they still want to be friends with me?

My gaze drifted towards the Slytherin table. This is where I'd be sitting from now on.

My eyes landed on Blaise who was smirking at me. I felt myself blushing.

Maybe I could become friends with him?