33 - different

—————
Draco's POV
—————

"We had a fucking deal!" I yelled at my father as I stormed back inside to his office after saying goodbye to my friends.

"I'll take your place and y/n stays out of it, and you go and hit her!"

"Draco, calm down. Please," my mother begged, but I was fuming.

"So when's it happening, huh?" I asked irritatedly and they both looked at each other for a moment before turning back to face me and whispering...

"Tonight."

I gulped and looked down at my bare forearm.

It was actually happening.

And it was happening tonight.

And all because my stupid father had to go and get himself a cell in Azkaban.

"Draco, once you're initiated, you must focus on whatever task he gives you. No matter what." My father stated with no emotion in his face.

"I understand."

"Draco, what're you going to do about y/n?" My mother asked wearily.

What was I going to do about her? I loved her for fucks sake, I can't lose her again.

But, I had to make sure she was safe.

"I'll distance myself from her. I'll take care of it."

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I spent the rest of winter break back home with my parents, even though they were barely home.

They were working a great deal at the Ministry, so I spent most of my time with Neve and every now and then, Jade would come over.

I wrote a few letters to Draco, but he never answered.

-

Dear Draco,

I hope everything is alright. I miss you already.

Xo, Y/n

-

Dear Draco,

It's been a few days and I haven't heard from you. Please answer me, I'm worried for you.

Xo, Y/n

-

Dear Draco,

Why won't you reply back? Please Draco, don't shut me out. You're scaring me...

Xo, Y/n

-

He never answered.

Today, we were returning to Hogwarts and I was bloody nervous.

How would I react when I saw Draco again? Was he mad at me? What would I say to him?