22 - pretend

—————
Y/n POV
—————

After charms, I went to defense against the dark arts, but Draco wasn't there.

He never showed up.

"Jade, wheres Draco?" I asked curiously as I motioned you his empty seat.

"He hasn't shown up to class either since, you know..." she whispered and looked at me cautiously.

He hasn't been to class either?

Was he as upset as I was?

What right did he have to be upset when
he used me?

During class, I talked to Jade about the Gryffindor party and she told me that she would come as well since all the houses were invited.

In Herbology, I told Neville I was coming and he was really excited.

"This is great! You'll have so much fun," Neville smiled and assured me that we'd meet up at the party.

Maybe things were looking up.

We were halfway through lunch when Ryder and Blaise gasped and looked towards the Great Hall doors.

"Shit, he looks terrible." Ryder sighed.

I looked over to where their eyes fell and it landed on him.

Draco was slowly walking towards our table.

His eye bags were completely noticeable and his face was extremely pale. His hair was messy, but it still looked good.

Only he could pull off looking like a hot mess.

I quickly averted my eyes and took a deep breath preparing for him to sit with us.

"Hi." he mumbled as he took his usual seat across from me and nervously fiddled with his fingers.

I tried to focus on just eating my lunch, but when I looked up, his eyes caught mine.

His eyes weren't as lively as they used to be, they looked hurt and damaged.

Before the sight could break me even more, I looked over towards Jade and put on a fake smile.

Pretend.

If he thinks you're happy without him, he'll feel like shit for what he did to you and realize that he lost the best thing that he could've had.

"So Jade, what are you wearing to the Gryffindor party on Friday?" I asked her as I pretended to be excited.

"I'm wearing this black strapless dress with my new gold heels, what about you?" she smiled.

I took a quick look at Draco and saw that he was still staring at me as I looked back over to Jade.

"I'm wearing a tight, emerald green silk dress that Harry told me to wear. He said he wants to see me there." I lied and I looked over at Draco innocently.