53 - captured

—————
Ryder's POV
—————

Ever since Jade left, my days felt long and ongoing.

She was scared and pushed me away when she knew all too well that she shouldn't have. But her fear got the best of her and now she's gone.

At night, I lie awake and curse myself for not doing something sooner, or telling her all the things I wish I had said when she was here with me.

She was my light and without her, I was just lost.

Y/n tried her best to assure me that everything would be okay and that Jade and Draco would come back soon, but the sad look in her eyes and her shaking voice told me otherwise.

I had surprisingly warmed up to the Weasleys.

They were a very loving family and I appreciated that they let me stay with them, even when Y/n wasn't here.

Molly was a fantastic cook and Arthur always had a joke ready to share.

I wish my parents were like that.

Ginny was always energetic and would dare us to games of quidditch in the backyard while Fred and George tried to scare us every time we left a room.

It felt nice to laugh with them and I felt terrible for my past years of bullying them with the other Slytherins.

Percy barely left his room and when he did, he was either reading, doing extra work, or cleaning. The kid is strange.

Even though the Weasleys were very welcoming, I sometimes would feel lonely without Y/n here.

That night when I caught Y/n and the trio about to leave, my heart sunk.

She was going to leave me too.

I had nobody else left.

My dad was a drunk and my mom was barely ever there for me. Basically, my home life sucked and the only place I ever really felt at home was when I was at Hogwarts.

My friends were my family.

And seeing Jade fall away from me and Draco having to leave made my heart ache and my chest tighten.

So when I saw Y/n ready to walk out the door and not look back to even think about me, I felt a bit betrayed.

But I also knew that she regretted not telling me and I was content knowing that she trusted me enough to tell me about their plans and where they were going.

As much as I believed in the trio and Y/n, deep down I knew that something bad was going to happen...

—————
Y/n POV
—————

Another week had gone by and we were still camping in the forest with barely any progress made.

Only two horcruxes have been found and it was looking like we weren't going to find another anytime soon.

Every now and then, Harry would get vision of clues to where the next horcruxe was, but honestly we were stuck.

"We've been on the run for two weeks now." Harry sighed as he sat down beside one of the couches in our tent.