18 - secrets

—————
Draco's POV
—————

When I woke up, I smiled seeing the girl who was peacefully asleep in my arms.

She looked beautiful in this natural state and I loved the warmth she gave me.

Then, a wave of guilt flooded me.

We did it.

She lost her virginity. I took it.

The bet. Fuck, the bet.

I won?

But, I didn't feel like a winner. I felt like a complete asshole for using the innocent girl beside me in my bed for a bet.

Was this more than just a bet anymore? My head hurt just thinking about it.

Her soft green eyes fluttered open, meeting mine and I felt myself internally melt.

This was more than just some fucking bet.

She meant more to me.

"Good morning," she smiled and kissed my cheek.

I gulped and fake smiled back at her, the guilt now pounding through me.

I needed to tell her.

"I-I have to tell you something..." I started to say but she quickly cut me off by kissing me.

"Shhh I know."

She knew?

How did she know?

"I don't think you do...I never meant for-"

But she quickly applied her lips to mine again and I gave up.

I should've told her then.

But I got caught up...

In her.

—————
Y/n POV
—————

"I-I have to tell you something..." he started to say but I quickly cut him off by kissing him.

Was he about to tell me he loved me?

Did he love me?

I really cared for him, and it was so close to love, but I needed a bit more time to be sure.

"Shhh I know."

He looked a bit surprised but I smiled to reassure him.

"I don't think you do...I never meant for-"

But I quickly applied my lips to his again.

I didn't want to rush things, I didn't want him to tell me he loved me and then for me to force it out as well.

"What do you say we go get breakfast?" I smiled.

He nodded and we both got dressed for the day.

At breakfast, we both had the biggest grins on our faces.

After, since it was a Saturday and we had no classes, we went to our spot and sat down against the familiar tree.

"You've mentioned before that you want to run away from your family name and the expectations that come with it? Why?" He asked, stroking my hair as my head lay in his lap.

"They act like they care, but it's evident that the family name means more to them than the actual family." I sighed, "It just gets exhausting having to always be perfect when they weren't really even there for me growing up. They were always working."

He took a deep breath before speaking, "I'm sorry...I know how you feel though. My father doesn't give a shit about me and my mother is too scared to leave. I feel out of place at home."

I sat up so I could look in his eyes and I saw the sadness behind those beautiful gray eyes.

I wasn't alone.

He wasn't alone.

We had each other.

Without saying anything, I hugged him tightly and this action spoke more than words could ever. His arms were enveloping me and his hold on me was protective like he didn't want to let me go.

But after a few minutes, he sighed and released himself from our embrace.

Just then, two voices were heard from outside of the garden, and Draco and I turned our heads to see Blaise and Luna running through the grass.

"Blaise, wait up!" she laughed as she finally caught up to him and tackled him to the ground.

"Merlin's beard, Luna, you weigh a ton!" He laughed as Luna punched him.

"Liar!" She laughed as she lied down next to him on the grass a ways away from Draco and I.

We turned to each other and smiled.

"I'm happy for him. He's been through a lot." Draco sighed looking down.

I smiled and leaned against him again, putting my hand on his chest as he gently rubbed my back.

—————
Draco's POV
—————

I don't know how long we laid there under the tree, but the sun started to set and I knew that eventually we would have to get up and go inside.

But I wanted to be out here with her forever, just enjoying her company.

Away from reality, away from our friends, away from our families, and mostly away from the fact that she would soon find out about the bet.

I eventually nudged her, telling her we needed to go to bed and she followed me to my room.

When we pulled the covers over us, she put her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. Her soft hair was messily sprawled our all over my face and chest, but I didn't mind.

I watched her fall asleep as the guilt started to settle in and eat me alive.

I couldn't bare the thought of her finding out and leaving me.

She came into my life when I needed her most and yet somehow it all got fucked up.

We were doomed.

—————

omg🥺 who else is emotional?!

Next chapter will come out tomorrow and I don't think we will ever be ready😔 but I guess y'all will just have to wait to find out...

please vote🖤