38 - screw you

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I turned my head in the direction of the yelling and saw none other than Draco marching straight towards us.

"Dear god.." I rolled my eyes and looked back over at Cedric, "Can we go? I don't want drama."

Cedric laughed and then kissed my forehead, "I'm sure it'll be alright, Darling."

I felt myself blushing but turned to face Draco once again.

He looked like he was fuming with anger, but his eyes showed that there were battling emotions inside. Almost as if he was debating on walking away or starting a fight.

Draco shook his head as I watched his eyes grow a shade darker.

"And what would you like, Malfoy?" Cedric smirked as he stormed closer to us.

I gulped and looked down at the floor, not wanting to watch it all go down. Cedric was tall and looked like he could hold his ground, but Malfoy was ruthless and could be a terrible git sometimes. If there were to be a fight, Cedric wouldn't stand a chance.

"She's already going with me." Draco stated, glaring at Cedric as I slowly picked up my head.

Cedric gulped and looked over at me unsurely, "I thought you said there was nothing going on between you too?"

He looked at me with a bit of hurt in his eyes like he thought I had lied to him. I laughed, not taking the situation seriously before reassuring him, "There most certainly is not anything going on between us."

I turned my head to glare at Draco, "and I am not nor was I ever planning on going with you to the Yule ball."

He flinched a little at the words, his eyes softening before straightening back up and smirking, "Well, now you are. Sorry, Diggory."

This boy just wouldn't give up, would he?

"Draco, I'm already going with Cedric."

His semi hurt look returned as he stared into my eyes for a second. His eyes were pleading with me. Pleading me not to go with him, and I almost felt bad, but I just averted my gaze and looked over at Cedric again.

I'm pretty sure that Cedric could sense my discomfort, so he gently nudged me and whispered, "Hey, let's just get out of here."

I half smiled and nodded as he took my hand and lead me back into the castle.

—————
Draco's POV
—————

"This isn't over, Diggory!"

I watched as she walked off with him.

My blood boiled as I internally cursed myself for causing a scene. I was supposed to be distancing myself from her for Merlin's sake, why was I showing extreme signs of public jealousy?

"Shut up, Malfoy."

I turned around to see Harry acting tough, walking towards me.