42 - why me?

—————
Y/n POV
—————

It was finally the weekend and I woke up with an uneasy feeling.

I had to confront Cedric about what happened last night.

And although I should've been focused on talking to Cedric, I felt myself continuously thinking about what Draco had said to me.

"He doesn't deserve you."

"I wanna be yours..."

What was happening?

I thought that Draco wanted nothing to do with me...all I know of him is how coldly he treats me and then he goes and says things like that?

I got dressed and looked at myself in the mirror before going to find Cedric.

I looked nice. Even after the fact that I couldn't sleep last night, my eye bags didn't quite show.

I had tried so hard to sleep last night but I barely could knowing that I had upset Draco. I don't know why I felt bad, but I just hated seeing him like that.

I had fallen asleep around 2:30 and when I woke back up again, it was 4 in the morning.

And the strangest part was, when I woke up, my necklace wasn't where I had left it. I remembered taking it off and setting it down on the dresser, but when I woke, I found it on my nightstand right next to me.

I wondered if someone had moved it, but then I remembered that Jade told me she'd be spending the night at Ryder's...

Was somebody in my room?

When I put the necklace back on this morning, I found myself admiring it for a few moments. It was a beautiful necklace with a diamond snake on it.

Where did I get it from? I must've forgot, but it was beautiful.

I finally gathered up the courage to meet up with Cedric and headed towards the Hufflepuff common room.

As I was about to knock on the Hufflepuff common room door, it opened and out walked Cedric.

"Oh...um hi Y/n," he mumbled as he looked down at me.

I took a step back as I almost tripped over my own feet. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I opened them and decided to face him.

"Why'd you show up with her?" I asked seriously, staring him right in the eyes.

He tilted his head in confusion, before blinking and responding, "You still have feelings for Draco and it's obvious."

"What the fuck?" I laughed, "Why would I have feelings for Draco Malfoy?"

He started to get angry now, seeing that I was laughing and seethed, "He's protective of you, and you try to deny it!"

I blinked, in complete shock that we were even talking about this. Why would he even think that of me?

"Cedric, Draco doesn't mean anything to me." I stated seriously, but he just rolled his eyes.