41 - reverse

—————
Draco's POV
—————

"Draco, what are you doing here?" She asked softly as a tear fell down her blushed cheeks.

It hurt me deeply to see her like this. I hadn't seen her cry since the night in the astronomy tower when I...

...made the biggest mistake of my life.

I sighed and approached her before sitting on the couch next to her.

"I came to find you." I whispered as I looked into her deep, green eyes. They looked tired and a bit duller than usual.

"Why?" She sniffled as she hurriedly wiped the tears from her face.

"I saw what happened with a Cedric." I stated as I looked down to see my hands balled in fists. I couldn't believe the Hufflepuff had the audacity to show her up. She looked absolutely stunning and I was sure that he would be curing himself to sleep tonight knowing that he could've danced with her.

"Oh..." she sighed as she looked down at her palms and fiddled with her fingers nervously.

I looked over at the burning fire before sighing and looking back at her.

"He doesn't deserve you."

She looked up at me with a soft expression, feeling comfort in my words, before quickly hardening her gaze and stating, "I'm sorry, but this doesn't really concern you."

Without thinking, I quickly said, "Yes, it does."

Damnit, Draco! What are you doing?

Her eyes shot me a confused look before stuttering, "W-what do you mean?"

You're screwed, Draco. Call it off. Hurry!

I took a deep breath before standing up and adjusting my robes, mumbling, "Never mind, forget I said anything."

"But-" she tried to speak but I quickly cut her off.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

—————

That night, as I lay in bed, I thought about what had happened tonight.

Cedric stood Y/n up.

I almost let my guard down, again.

Her saddened face replayed in my mind and her reaction to me reassuring her that it mattered to me haunted me. She looked like she didn't completely hate me.

I still had hope.

I lied in my bed for a few more moments before I looked over at the clock on my wall.

3 am.

I huffed and slowly got out of my bed before throwing a sweatshirt on and opening the door.

I walked down to the common room and then up the stairs to the girls dorms before heading to quietly open the door to her room.