67 - the end

—————
Y/n POV
—————

"Avada Kedavra!"

Harry and Voldemort both yelled the killing curse at each other as the spurts of light attacked. The lights of the spells were fighting for dominance and each wizard looked incredibly focused and determined to win.

The students around me were all on edge, everyone had backed up, afraid of getting too close to the fight as we all watched anxiously.

Was this the end?

All of the horcruxes had been destroyed...

Voldemort was weak.

I watched as Voldemort began to lose his balance and fall to his knees, dropping his wand as Harry's curse shot through to him.

It hit him almost immediately and Voldemort let out a deathly scream of defeat as his body began to wither away. Particles of his darkness floated into the stormy sky as everyone watched in horror.

And after a moment, he was dead.

Voldemort was finally dead.

The students and everyone else cheered as Harry fell to his knees, exhausted from the fight. We all ran over to him, happy tears streaming down our faces as we yelled of victory.

It was finally over.

Everything that was thrown at us, we had overcome. It's been a long ride, but in the end, it was worth it.

Turning around, I saw Blaise and Luna approach and I frowned seeing that Jade wasn't with them.

"How's Ryder?" I asked nervously, remembering what had happened to him.

"He's um..." Blaise sighed, closing his eyes as a single tear dropped, "He's not looking too good."

I gulped as the thought of him dying crossed my mind. He's always stuck by my side, he doesn't deserve this.

No, he can't be dead.

"Luna," Blaise breathed, turning to face her as he held her hand, "Seeing that any moment could be our last..."

"What-"

"I don't want to waste another minute with you..." He whispered, leaning his forehead against hers, his eyes looking into hers seriously.

"Marry me."

I gasped at Blaise's unexpected statement for Luna as she began to cry immediately.

"I love you," she smiled as she kissed him passionately and I felt my lips curve into a smile as well, extremely happy that they made it out of this together. They were meant for each other and you could tell how happy they were.

After they were done, I immediately ran over and hugged them as I squealed in excitement. Luna was shaking from her happy cries as she pulled me in tighter,  he risking this beautiful moment.

"Help!"

My head turned around quickly hearing a familiar voice crying from a distance.