27 - festive

—————
Y/n POV
—————

The rest of the week went by like how I thought it would.

It was torturous.

Draco's words kept replaying over and over again in my head.

"You're never going to forgive me, are you?"

I felt my chest tighten at the words and this whole week I'd been really thinking about what I wanted.

Eventually, Saturday came and I went back to my dorm to get ready for Slughorn's Christmas party with Jade.

She was already dressed and did my hair and makeup straight away.

I was wearing a red silk dress with a v neck. The dress was beautiful and hugged all my curves perfectly.

I checked myself out in the mirror and Jade smirked at me, realizing what I was doing.

Then, we left our dorm and walked out to the common room.

"There you are!" Ryder smiled as he looked at us, "You girls look amazing."

We smiled back and giggled, "Why thank you, Ryder. You don't look too bad yourself."

Ryder went and hooked his arm with Jade and I tilted my head, confused.

"Oh shit!" Jade exclaimed, "You don't have a date, do you?"

I sighed and looked at the ground.

How could I have forgotten to bring a date?

Jade's smiled and she walked over to hug me.

"Blaise is taking Luna and Draco is taking Daphne Greengrass... I'm sorry. We will find you someone!" Jade pulled away and smiled at me.

And then, it hit me.

"I know somebody I can bring," I smiled and walked out of the common room.

—————
Draco's POV
—————

This week has been absolute hell.

I felt bad yelling at Y/n a week ago, but I just couldn't control it anymore.

The constant cycle of rejection and leading on was torture and hurt me too much.

I couldn't look at her without melting and to know that she was still hung up on the one mistake that will haunt me forever, breaks me.

Tonight would be the night.

She would either come to me and reject me, or she would tell me she wants to give us a real try.

I was hoping for the second option.

Daphne was standing beside me at Slughorn's party, and neither of us spoke a word to each other.

I would've much rather gone with Y/n, but she needed to make up her goddamn mind.

And then, I heard her laugh.