57 - mistake

a/n: this is a long one... 🤭

—————
Draco's POV
—————

"I need to see her."

Jade looked at me like I had just said the craziest thing she's ever heard.

Then she laughed.

"I'm sorry," she choked out through her overwhelming laughter, "How do you think we're going to do that? I'm not sure if you remember, but we're not allowed to leave the manor."

My eyes narrowed at her as I grew frustrated with her amusement. Why was she laughing? I knew that we had been stuck in this dark manor for Merlin knows how long, but has she really gone insane?

"You don't need to be a bitch about it," I snapped, lightly pushing her as she continued to laugh at my reaction.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." She took a deep breath, calming down her laughs as she looked at me now seriously.

"I'm not sure if you can directly see her, but you can surely send someone to check up on her without directly messaging her." She smiled, trying to ease the mood again.

My face lit up at the idea, knowing that I could check up on her. We hadn't seen each other in months, it now being November, and I hated seeing her here at the manor in a such a dangerous situation.

I hurried up to my room as Jade followed, where I quickly took out a piece of parchment and quill.

I watched as Jade smiled seeing who I was writing too...

~~~

Dear Ryder,
I'm sorry I haven't reached out. Jade and I miss you all terribly, but it's too dangerous for us to meet. I have a favor to ask of you... Would you mind checking on Y/n for me...and could you also check to see if they've done anything to my dorm? I swear to Merlin if they've touched anything I will- never mind that.
Please just check on both and get back to me.
- D.M.

~~~

I carefully folded the letter and tucked it into an envelope before I handed it to my owl and sent it on its way.

I just hoped that it would return.

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I looked through the mess of letters aggressively, throwing them all on the bed behind me.

When did he write these?

Did he ever expect me to read them, because I'd never received any of them.

After emptying the drawer onto Draco's bed, I excitedly jumped onto it and wrapped myself in the green sheets.

I missed him so much and the cold sheets reminded me that the bed had been empty for awhile and would probably stay that way.

I looked down at the overwhelming amount of letters on the bed and decided that I'd only open a few tonight, seeing that it was already 8 and I was honestly quite tired from the long week.