37 - dance with me

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I was sitting in Transfiguration when professor McGonagall came into the room with a wide grin on her face.

"Let's she what she's got to say this time," Ron laughed but I quickly nudged him to shut him up before we got in trouble.

"I am happy to announce that the annual yule ball will be this Friday!" she announced to the class as whispers and gasps broke out amongst the other students.

"What's the yule ball?" I asked nervously as I turned to Hermione and she giggled before answering, "It's the Christmas dance! You'll have so much fun."

I smiled and looked back at McGonagall before something caught my eye.

Draco Malfoy was staring right at me, but the moment our eyes met, he immediately looked down at his hands and when I looked at them, I saw that they were fidgeting nervously.

What's he on?

"Now, we will practice dancing because I won't have you all looking like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!" she announced as she turned towards Filch and gestured for him to turn on some music.

"Try saying that five times fast," Fred whispered to George and he let out a chuckle before repeating "babbling, bumbling band of baboons. babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

I laughed as I turned my attention back on professor and I saw some students began to whisper around, probably planning their dates.

"Everyone find a partner to practice with!"

I started to search the crowd of students for a dance partner, and my eyes landed on Cedric.

He winked at me before standing up, getting ready to come over to ask me to dance with him before Cho Chang stood in front of him and asked him first.

Bitch.

"Looks like Cedric's got his eye on Y/n," George laughed as I shook my head and playfully punched him.

"Oh shut up-"

"Loveeee is in the airrrr," the twins sang in unison as I laughed and looked over at Hermione with a confused look.

"What's wrong?" I asked, noticing her annoyed expression.

"What happened with you and Draco? You're acting like you don't even know him." Hermione asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Will you guys stop asking me about Draco? Him and I are barely friends, why the hell would we be anything more?"

She looked at me for another second before slowly nodding and getting up to practice dancing with Harry.

"May I have this dance?" Ron jokingly asked me, reaching out his hand.

"I'd love to, Weasley."

I took his hand in mine as he led me to the center of the classroom where everyone else was practicing and we started to dance.

It was slow, but Ron and I were catching on pretty quickly.

I looked over to see that Hermione and Harry were struggling, mostly because Harry couldn't tell his left from his right. His feet were stumbling all over the place and I saw Hermione growing frustrated with him.

"Looks like they're not doing too well," I laughed and Ron joined in.

"That's the chosen one for ya," Ron laughed as we swayed to the music.

I watched as Jade and Ryder danced happily together and I couldn't help but be a bit jealous of their relationship.

They have so much history and truly cared for each other and I just wished that one day I would find someone who cared for me that much.

Then, I saw Blaise twirling Luna as she giggled and spun around. He looked at her as if she were the only girl in the world and I felt my heart melt knowing that Blaise had found somebody.

I looked around the room to see if I noticed anyone else and saw that Cedric was looking at me as he danced with Cho.

"Meet me in the courtyard after class," he mouthed to me as I felt myself blush.

I continued to search the room until my eyes landed on him.

Draco Malfoy was standing in the corner, watching me as I danced with Ron. He was the only person not dancing and he almost looked depressed as he just stood there, leaning against the wall.

I almost felt bad for him, but then I remembered the selfish douche that he really is.

I laughed internally for almost pitying Draco Malfoy before turning back to dance with Ron.

"So who are you taking?" I asked him and he blushed for a moment.

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"I promise." I said seriously as he took a deep breath and replied...

"I think I'm going to ask Hermione."

My mouth dropped open as I stared at him in shock. I mean there was always chemistry between them, but I didn't think that one of them would actually make a move on the other.

Hermione was too proud and Ron was too scared of being rejected by her. And to be honest, if I were Ron, I would be scared too.

After class, I headed out to the courtyard to meet Cedric and as I approached, I saw him lying down on a bench with some other Hufflepuffs.

"Hey Hufflepuff, you wanted to talk to me?" I smiled as his head shot up and he awkwardly stood up.

"Yeah, follow me." He smiled before leading me away from his friends.

He looked me up and down for a moment, taking in my appearance, before I lost my patience and asked, "Would you like to go to the yule ball with me?"

His eyes blinked in shock before stuttering, "Oh, I'd love to. But I thought you were with Malfoy..."

He gestured toward the blonde boy sitting near a tree a bit away from us and I was surprised to see that he was writing.

I didn't think we had a writing assignment in any of the classes, and he hates doing extra work, so what was he doing?

I shook my head before meeting Cedric's eyes and stating seriously, "We are not and have never been together."

Cedric looked a bit confused but smiled and said, "Then I'd be happy to be your date. I'll pick you up at 6 on Friday outside of your common room."

I started to blush, but the moment was interrupted when I heard an all too familiar voice yell in the background as the sound of footsteps approached us.

"Not so fast, Diggory!"

—————

drama hehehe

how was everyone's day? I hope it was great!!

next chapter will be up tomorrow morning!

please vote🖤