25 - happy birthday

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I couldn't look away.

There they were, the Malfoy's, at my birthday party.

Draco was wearing a slick black suit and his hair was combed nicely. He actually made an effort to look nice?

He smirked at me knowing I was checking him out and I quickly looked over at Mrs. Malfoy.

"Happy Birthday, dear!" she smiled and gave me a hug.

She was very kind and I felt my heart ache a bit that she didn't know what terrible things her son has done.

"Thank you, Mrs. Malfoy."

"Oh please honey, call me Narcissa," she smiled kindly and took a step inside.

Lucius looked at me and nodded before stepping in after Narcissa.

I could just tell he was a prick.

Then, it was just Draco and I at the door.

"What happened to your weekend plans with Cedric?" Draco laughed, knowing that I had lied.

I was still in shock. "W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered, looking bewildered that he was at my house.

"I was invited, of course. I couldn't miss my favorite girl's birthday!" He grinned and took a step inside.

My parents invited them?

Ugh, I should've just told my mother what happened with Draco and then she never would've invited them.

I broke out of my bewildered trance and marched away towards where all the guests were.

I could hear him calling for me, but I just kept pushing past the old, rich families.

Draco and I were the only young people there besides Finneus Scott, but he was a few years older than me and was quite intimidating.

I found my way to the kitchen where all the food and drinks were and saw that there was nobody around. So, I quickly grabbed a champagne glass and drank it before placing it back where I found it.

This was going to be a long day.

It had been an hour since I last saw Draco at the door.

Since then, I had mostly just talked with my parents associates who claimed that they were amazed at how big I've grown.

Typical.

It was finally time to eat and everyone took a seat in the grand dining room. My father took his normal seat at the end of the table with my mother and I sat at each side of him.

The dinner was served by the house elves when I felt a familiar scent beside me.

I looked over to see that Draco Malfoy had taken the seat beside me at the dining table.

I decided I would try to ignore him and continued to chat with my mother.

"I propose a toast!" my father announced, raising his drink.