54 - dead to me

—————
Y/n POV
—————

"Y/n..." Ron whispered to me as we were getting pulled into the dark manor that I knew all too well.

I had stayed here over Christmas break and the thought of seeing the Malfoy family again made my breath catch in my throat.

"They'll recognize me." I quietly whispered and Hermione shot me a worried look before secretly pulling out her wand and muttering a spell.

I felt my face morphing. Not a lot, just a few features, and my hair color had been changed to a lighter shade.

She had disguised me.

I gave her a weak smile as we entered the manor to be greeted than none other than Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Welcome!" She grinned as she led us into a dark and empty ballroom.

The snatchers angrily threw us onto the floor as we struggled to find balance on our knees.

"You can go now." Lucius warned the snatchers and I felt a chill go down my spine remembering what happened last time I saw him.

"Now, now, Lucius. We won't be forgetting who brought them here, will we?" One of the taller snatchers smirked as he tilted his head to the side.

Lucius shook with anger as he yelled, "How dare you speak to me like that in my own house?!"

"Lucius." I heard a soft voice warn and my gaze turned to see Narcissa walking into the room.

Narcissa had always been so kind to me and I wished that I could notion to her that it was me so she could help us.

Bellatrix walked up to us and scanned our faces, trying to figure out if Harry Potter was among us or not.

Hermione had also disguised Harry by warping his face. He was almost completely unrecognizable.

"Ah, Draco. Come here." Bellatrix whispered and I felt my heart stop.

Draco entered the room with a serious face.

There was no emotion.

I felt my heartbeat quicken now, staring at the boy who I'd fallen in love with and I wanted nothing more to run into his arms, but we'd probably both be killed.

"Are these your classmates?" Lucius asked sternly, making Draco shiver. Seeing his effect on Draco made my blood boil and I wished that Draco would find it in him to stand up to him.

And then, another person entered the room and I quietly gasped.

Jade.

She looked awfully tired. I wanted to just grab her and run away.

She had bags under her eyes and her skin was almost paler than Draco's. The two of them had probably been through hell and back and I wished I could help them.

Bellatrix reached for Draco's hand and pulled him over to us, still kneeling on the floor in front of them.

He looked over each person for a few seconds.