46 - i remember

—————
Draco's POV
—————

"I remember."

I turned around instantly, relieved that she was okay.

"W-what do you mean you remember?" I choked out, looking into her serious eyes.

She looked like a thousand emotions were running through her...sadness, astonishment, aching, hurt, anger, confusion.

"Us," She stated solemnly, "I remember us."

I gulped as I saw her face soften. I couldn't tell how she felt about it, so I nervously asked, "How is that possible?"

She shrugged and then continued to look at me with uncertain eyes. Not knowing how to react, I started to walk towards her, just wanting to touch her, to hold her...

But she stepped back.

"How dare you!" She started to cry, "You erased my memories of us and then just went on with your life!"

It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. The walls of my throat tightened as I tried to figure out something to say.

Merlin, I'm stupid.

Of course she won't forgive me, but I have to make her understand.

"Y/n, that was the hardest choice I've ever had to make...I suffered everyday not being able to hold you or talk to you like we had before-"

"But it wasn't your choice to make!" She cut me off, "Don't you get it?"

I felt my brows furrow in frustration. Why wasn't she running up to me and hugging me, or even telling me how much she missed me. Why does she hate me?

"Y/n, I had to!" I started to yell as her tears came down more forcefully.

The sight in front of me broke me. She looked so hurt and betrayed...

"Y-you...you didn't have to do anything!" She choked out as she took a small step closer to me. The tears were running down and her body was shaking. I knew she hadn't fully recovered from her fall and it hurt me to see her this way.

I didn't know what to say.

How could I make her forgive me? How could I make her love me again?

"Nothing to say, Draco?" she sighed, breaking my thoughts.

"Y/n..." I sighed taking a step towards her, and this time she didn't back away.

But then, she laughed.

It wasn't a funny laugh, it was more of a "I can't believe it" laugh. She was still crying and the laugh was somewhat depressing.

"Tell me! Why did you have to do it?" She asked, throwing her hands up in the air.

I huffed and turned around to grip onto the sink, balancing myself from my frustration. My hands were shaking as I turned back around to face her.