14 - afraid

—————
Y/n POV
—————

When I woke up, Draco's eyes were already on me.

"Morning, Whitmoore." he smiled as he brushed the hair off my face.

His arm was still around me as my head was still relaxed on his chest.

Then, I remembered everything that had happened the night before, and my smiled faded.

"Draco...I'm afraid."

His eyes looked at me concerned and then he told me "He won't come near you again, I'll make sure of it."

"T-thanks again for stopping it last night...I don't even want to think about what would've happened if you hadn't showed up." I confessed still staring into his glowing eyes.

He closed his eyes for a moment, reopened them and said "I knew something was wrong. I would never let any man hurt a woman."

"Especially you."

I blushed at that last part and looked over at the clock.

"We're late for class! Draco, we have to go!" I exclaimed, getting off the bed hurriedly.

"Don't go." He pleaded from the bed.

I turned my head to look at him and gave in.

"Fine, but we can't stay in here all day."

—————
Draco's POV
—————

Y/n went back to her dorm to get dressed and when we were both ready, we met up in the common room.

It's been two nights since I've last seen the nightmares.

For the past two nights, she's been with me.

When I held her, it all seemed to go away.

But I'm not sure why, I just felt at peace with her.

"Ready?" I asked and she nodded in response before I took her hand and led her out of the common room.

"Where are we going?" she laughed as we ran through the halls together.

"Well that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?" I smiled, looking back at her.

After a few minutes of running through the halls, we reached a door that led outside the castle.

We walked down a hill and saw the large garden. It had many tall hedges filled with flowers and a beautiful willow tree towards the back.

When we reached the tree, I beamed "here we are."

She looked a bit confused, but smiled and sat down, leaning against it.

"Do you come here often?" she asked, smiling as I sat down beside her.

"I usually come out here when I'm stressed, it relaxes me." I replied.