5YS

April 22, 20XXThursday

April 22, 20XX
Thursday

Today was an important day for me. 

I was going to step foot on campus again and get to pursue what I've wanted to do my whole life.

It was exciting and nerve-racking, but I knew that I was going to be just fine. 

If I could catch up to the bus.

Holding on tightly to my purse, I try to catch the bus at the station, keeping an eye on the app on my phone that was warning me it was leaving soon.

Just as I got to the terminal, it leaves. 

No!

I brush away my hair and look at the map, trying to find an alternative route. 

The train.

It would make me a couple of minutes late, but I'm sure my counselor would understand if I shoot her an e-mail. 

Closing up at work just took a bit longer that it needed to. Plus, I ended up having to rush home because Yejoon was throwing a tantrum since he couldn't find his favorite blanket to nap with.

Seeing the 5 minute alert on my phone about the outbound train causes me to spin on my heels and head up to the trains, scanning my pass and rushing up the stairs.

I gasp for air at the top.

When was the last time I actually exercised? 

Stepping out by the track, I notice someone else is there. 

My eyes widen when I recognize the tall figure, the one that I hadn't even seen at work today.

Taehyung stands still, hands in his coat as he looks ahead.

What is he doing here?

His head suddenly angles my way and when his eyes settle on me, he smiles.

Approaching him, I raise an eyebrow.

"Taehyung?"

He nods his head, still smiling warmly.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

He clears his throat, "My car broke down this morning, so I'm just heading there now."

"Oh, I see, but you're on the wrong side of the track. This is going south, you work up north."

He cocks a brow, suppressing a larger smile, "Is that so?"

I nod. Guess he doesn't know the train routes that well.

"Well then, I'll be heading to the right side of the tracks now."

My train arrives, the little blast of wind causing my hair over my shoulder. 

When the doors open, Taehyung nods for me to go forward.

I give him a tiny wave, part of me feeling a bit of hesitation to leave him here.

I guess I thought that he was here to stop me, but the little nod felt like a move of encouragement.

"Goodbye, Taehyung." 

"Goodbye, Jennie."

When I board the train, I take a seat by the window, surprised when Taehyung doesn't leave to go to the other side just yet.

I give him another wave and when he returns it, I smile remembering how this was the spot where he threw me the peace sign for the first time.

Worried that he was going to be mad at me for how our conversation ended, seeing him sending me off gave me relief.

The train lurches, letting me know it's leaving. I watch as Taehyung becomes further and further away. When I look away, the corner of my eye thought I caught something, but when I look again Taehyung had become further away.  

Was it my imagination?

I sit up and wonder if I had forgotten anything. Looking into my purse, I see nothing missing. 

It must've been.

If anything, he'd send a message.

Leaning back comfortably in my seat, I look out the window, trying to get my mind off of it.

The sky was so incredibly blue that I found myself in complete awe of it. 

It's a perfect day for a new beginning.

Feeling a tiny wave of motivation, I go back into my purse and dig out the item I brought for the long ride. 

A black journal.

It's different from the pink one I had, but I like the mature feeling it gave me.

Before I open it up, I take a look at the empty cover.

I need a title.

One that will fit with my goals for the next several years.

Who was Jennie Kim going to be in five years? Or at least, what did I hope?

Tapping my pen to my chin, I think hard for a good one, until it hits me.

Smiling to myself, I pencil in:

5 years stronger.

Author's note;;

I consider this the final chapter of 5MM. However, there is one more chapter. Consider it the epilogue and it's going to change everything. Hang on tight.