Bubble

April 13, 20XXMonday

April 13, 20XX
Monday

There was a lot of noise coming from outside the room, letting me know that Taehyung was already going about his day.

As I step out, I see the couch pillows are out of order, the rug's folded over, cabinets are left open, and the music is softly playing in the background.

What is going on?

Taehyung pants as his head pops up from behind the coffee table, his fingers running through his hair.

"Sorry... did I wake you?"

I shake my head and walk closer. "Did you lose something?"

Taehyung sits on his legs, staring in front of him before giving me a smile. "Yes, but I'll find it soon. Don't worry."

I kneel in front of him, surprise taking over his features when I look closely at his eyes, noting how red they look.

Is he okay?

I think back to what Sungjae texted me last night.

As I continue to stare, his eyebrows crease and he looks at me peculiarly.

He shifts his attention to the coffee table and I see his sketchpad open. 

Before I can look, Taehyung covers it with his arms like a child.

"It's not finished." He bites his lip, being bashful.

I help myself off the floor. "It's okay, that's your own personal business anyway. It doesn't have anything to do with me."

Taehyung tilts his head with a frown before closing the sketchpad and jumping up to tower over me, making me feel so small.

"Don't say that...I thought we were becoming close...like...friends."

I wrap my arms around myself, staring him dead in the eyes. 

"You're my boss, Taehyung."

He purses his lips and raises his eyebrow, "Technically, Irene is more your boss since she's more business. I'm more on the creative and fun side."

I crack a tiny smirk, my mind twisting his words so that I really believe he said Irene wasn't any fun or creative. 

"Taehyung...why aren't you at the convention?"

Taehyung grins at me widely, "I thought we would have more fun kinda like last night."

I frown, "Isn't it really important you go?"