Basorexia

April 11, 20XXSaturday pt

April 11, 20XX
Saturday pt. III

I was tossing and turning for a while, unable to go to sleep.

Part of it was due to the rainstorm, but part of it was also because I kept thinking about Taehyung's compliment.

What would I do if he keeps surprising me?

What if his heart is still the same?

Does it still belong to me?

A distant ringing takes me out of my thoughts.

It's Taehyung's phone.

I hold my breath, trying to see if he answers it.

He doesn't and when it rings again, it continues to go unanswered.

By the fourth ring, I decide to get out of bed.

Did he leave and forget it?

I open the door and spot his phone on the coffee table, Taehyung still fast asleep on the couch.

It looks like he didn't properly finish getting ready for bed.

Hearing the rain so clearly, I find that the balcony door is open.

"Oh no..."

I head over and close the doors, turning and seeing for the first time that Taehyung was wet from the rain.

Was he out there?

His phone starts ringing again and I rush over, fumbling to turn off the ringer.

Who the heck was calling at this hour?

Not recognizing the number, I set the phone back down, but then a rush of adrenaline runs through my body and for a second I think about how easy it would be to go through his phone.

Don't do it...

I sigh and instead, make sure the phones on silent before pulling my hands far away from it.

Taehyung snores softly and I think back to how he only snores when he's super tired.

Getting off the floor, I grab the blanket from the sofa, unfolding it so I can cover him.

A loud thud sounds as something hits the floor.

I hug the blanket and take a look at the familiar object.

His book!

I squat back down, picking it up and inspecting it closer.

No title.

Slowly, I open the book and start to flip through the pages.

It's his handwriting.

As I stop at a page, I don't read past the date before the couch creaks as Taehyung stirs.

My heart pounds and I shut the book, sliding it under the couch before looking up to find Taehyung sitting up, eyes round.

"Hi," I whisper, fiddling with the blanket.

Taehyung's chest rises and falls, his eyes softening as he lets out a shaky breath.

"I-I..." I have an excuse at the tip of my tongue, but without warning he leans over and before I know it,

his lips fall over mine.