Missed Flight

MARCH 10, 20XXTuesday

MARCH 10, 20XX
Tuesday

"So tell me again why you're making yourself so miserable?"

I gave Jungkook, who sat across from me, a tiny glare.

He leaned in more forward, raising his eyebrows at me as he held out his fry.

"I'm not!" I yank the fry from his hand. "I'm not making myself more angry. I have reasons to be angry."

Why did he have so many pictures of Irene?

Why were they all clearly done in a bedroom?

Not to mention the fact that he didn't want those photos shown ever.

So what was the reason?

Jungkook pursed his lips, eyebrow cocking up, clearly doubting me.

"You didn't even give him a chance to explain... don't you think not answering his phone calls is making things worse?"

I feel my eyes sting a bit. "I just want him to know... it really hurt me. I know he's your friend, but please see my side."

Besides, he would be here soon anyway...

Jungkook's face softens. "Jennie... I'm sure it's not what you think it is. He isn't like that.  In fact..."

I blink away the tears threatening to come out.

"Let's call him right now!"

My eyes widen and before long Jungkook and I are playing a game of tug-of-war with his phone.

He ends up winning and quickly opens up his snapchat, holding the phone up to sneak a photo of me.

"If you send that!"

Jungkook clicks his tongue, "Sent!"

My jaw drops, eyebrows knitted together.

"....to Jimin."

Jimin?

The snapchat sound all off a sudden chimes.

Jungkook smirks, holding the phone so I could read the screen.

New Snap from Jimin!

I stare at him.

"Wha-"

"He's probably with Taehyung. Mans doesnt even go to the school yet he spends so much time there."

"Yeah but Taehyung should actuall-"

Jungkook slides into my booth, bumping into me as he opens the snap.

My heart races as I watch the screen anxiously.

He wouldn't...

Clicking the snap open, I watch the video.

Jimin's stifling a laugh, filming Taehyung as he exits the room, the beep of the door locking heard in the video.

"Taehyung..." Jimin calls for his attention, but Taehyung ignores him, angrily walking down the stairs.

The snap hiccups into another.

This time Jimin's pushing the phone closer to Taehyung whose preoccupied with the camera in his hand.

"He's been like this for days!" Jimin laughs some more at Taehyung's expense.

Taehyung glares up at him for a moment before he just walks away, Jimin ending the video with more laughter.

I curl my hands into fists as I try to control the whirl of emotions inside of me.

Jungkook ducks his head to look up at me.

"See. You're not the only one miserable." He snorts, but upon seeing my expression clearer he wipes all humor from his face.

Tears start to fall down my cheeks.

Jungkook pales. "Woah woah woah. Why are you crying?"

I can't even think it.

I can't even say it.

I just shake my head.

Jungkook picks up my face in his hands. "Jennie?"

I bite my lip, finally telling him what's wrong.

"He's supposed to be on a flight right now."