Not over

April 12, 20XXSunday

April 12, 20XX
Sunday

It wasn't a dream.

Last night, Taehyung had leaned over and set his lips over mine, parting his mouth and caressing my lips softly, the warmth felt with every stroke of his kiss.

It wasn't a dream.

I was so shocked that I fell back, Taehyung losing his balance from the couch and following after me, his palm hitting the floor at the same time as my head.

It wasn't a dream.

The lightning illuminated the room, allowing me to catch Taehyung's glassy eyes. Another flash revealed the orange prescription bottle on the couch.

It wasn't a dream...

I sat up and grabbed it into my hands, Taehyung leaning back on the couch as he mumbled, "It's just sleeping pills and I just took two."

I continued to stare at him, his eyelids drooping. "I promise."

...but maybe it was for him.

.

I don't know how I fell asleep, but I somehow did.

Getting out of bed, I take a look in the mirror, tapping over my swollen eyes. 

I must have cried myself out.

Sighing with disappointment, I close them, a knock on the door echoing through the suite.

"Housekeeping!"

I stand still for a second until the knocking occurs again. Taking a step out of the room, I find that Taehyung wasn't on the couch anymore, the items on the coffee table letting me know that he would be coming back.

He must have gone to the conference by himself.

I let the housekeeper in and when I turn back around, I spot a foam container, a pink sticky note on top.

For you, Jennie.

I stare at my name, still looking strange in Taehyung's handwriting. I'm just not used to the way he can call my name so easily now.

Sliding into my chair, I open the container, unveiling stuffed french toast topped with banana and strawberry slices.

How early did he wake up to get me this?

I end up pushing it away, cresting space on the table to rest my forehead, feeling light-headed.

Why did he kiss me? All this time, I was trying my hardest to hold back how I really felt about Taehyung and I was doing a good job until he kissed me, the kiss only reminding me how lonely, abandoned, and loveless I was living before it.