Silver

April 13, 20XXMonday pt

April 13, 20XX
Monday pt. ii

"Yes, mom. I know...I'm sorry."

I push through the crowd, holding onto my bag of the city souvenirs. 

Mom was upset that our flight got pushed to early dawn. She was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it by tomorrow and she was out of vacation days from work. 

I would tell her to send Yejoon to grandma's but then she would probably snap my head off because she would assume that I was already planning on staying an extra night. 

Which I'm not.

"Honey, Yejoon misses you. Just try to come back as soon as possible."

"I miss him too. I will..."

"Don't run away on me...again," My mom jokes.

My eyes go wide for a second, remembering the time that I ran away.

As I look up, I see Taehyung making his way over to me.

"R-right. Bye, love you, mom."

Taehyung smiles, stopping a little too close to me that I need to step back. 

"Taehyung, what are you doing here?"

I didn't tell him I was going to walk around when I slipped out of the room, Taehyung looking busy on his video conference with Irene and some other businessmen. 

He shrugs, "I saw you leave so I came along too. It's our last night here, thought that we should make the most of it."

His eyes go to my small bag of souvenirs. 

"What's that?"

I open it up to reveal a unique hand mirror, some windowsill figurines, and bracelets. "Just stuff for my mother and grandmother."

When I look up, I see Taehyung's eyebrows scrunched up and he reaches over to pick up the windowsill figurine, holding it up to eye level.

"Is something...wrong? Is it broken?" I lean closer to examine it, concerned.

Taehyung frowns harder until he closes his eyes and sets it back into my bag. "U-uh no. I just..."

His smile returns, "...thought maybe I should get my mom something too."

I tense up a little at the mention of her. 

"The shop is over there. I can wait right here, I want to take a look at the jewelry a bit more."

Taehyung nods, his face telling me that he's still slightly distracted. As he turns around, something glimmers and catches my attention around his neck. 

"Oh! Looks like something's on you-" I reach out to pluck it off his neckline, accidentally pulling a chain from around his neck.

Taehyung grabs my hand, eyes wide, the necklace slipping back under his shirt.

"Oops," I blush, his hand feeling like a burn around my wrist.

He blinks, "Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"No worries. It must be personal."

I drop my gaze and retract my hand.

Taehyung's soft hum of confirmation leaves me feeling a bit worse.

"I'll be back," he softly tells me before slipping away.

I inhale deeply, eyes on his back before looking at the kiosk in front of me.

"Jennie?"

I stand still, trying to determine if I heard someone calling for me, the voice not too familiar, but still known.

Turning around, I see Jongin walking my way.

Oh great, is everyone out and about today?

I raise an eyebrow.

He throws his hands up. "I come in peace this time, I promise."

I notice that he's got a band-aid on his cheek and around a couple of his fingers.

Too bad, I don't feel that bad. 

"I don't want to be your model," I mumble, eyes piercing.

"Oh?" He laughs without humor, "I think you guys made that pretty clear."

I don't look amused.

"Anyway, I'm here to apologize." He shoves his hands into his pocket.

Is he serious?

He can't be.

I cross my arms and continue staring at him, waiting for his apology.

"I'm sorry for what I said at the convention. It wasn't my intention to hit on a married woman."

"What?"

I raise an eyebrow.

Married?

How did he...?

"Well, I learned my lesson," He wiggles his fingers, the band-aids catching my attention once more. "Next time, tell him to fight me outside the convention. Sucks we got kicked out."

Jongin turns around and walks away, leaving me with a lot to process. 

Taehyung fought Jongin.

Taehyung told Jongin we were married.

"I'm back," Taehyung tells me as he approaches my side.

"How. long?"

How long have you been "back"?

His eyebrows raise, "Hm?"

I turn to him and angrily stare at Taehyung, tears welling up in my eyes. 

Before he can say anything, I reach up and yank his necklace out of his shirt, Taehyung tugging it back to try and get away.

It was too late though, the silver hung out enough for me to notice what it was.

Our wedding bands.

___________________________

Authors note;;

Oh Snap.