Eavesdropping

April 3, 20XXFriday

April 3, 20XX
Friday

I hugged the document close to my chest as I walked around the building, searching for Irene's office.

She wanted me to gather the stats from the posts I've been making, wanting to make sure what I was doing was effective.

I'm not going to lie... going to meet with her made me anxious.

After all, I wasn't sure if she really knew who I was.

The only time she met me was at the hospital when I was on my way out of Taehyung's room.

What if Taehyung's parent's never told her who I was?

Could she have forgotten me?

It's not like Taehyung ever introduced me...

I feel a sting in my heart, hugging the document closer.

Seeing Irene step out of her office, I prepare to walk up to her, however, she catches something in the adjacent hall, her eyebrows drawing up.

"Taehyung!" She quickly rushes past.

I just quickly step back, hiding behind the wall.

Why are you hiding, Jennie?

I peek from around the corner, seeing Taehyung head closer to her, obviously still tired.

"Morning..." he greets her.

"Where were you? It's not like you to come in-"

"The doctor."

Shock spread across my face. Judging by Irene's silence, she was not expecting that answer either.

"If you really must know... I was at the doctor's." Taehyung repeats, hand gripping his messenger bag as he stares at her.

I watch Irene fidget a little with her fingers. With a clear of her throat, she brushes her bangs out of her face.

"You left the apartment so early, did you even have breakfast?"

Apartment?

Do they... share an apartment?

I stare up at them, finding the air a bit hard to breathe, a weird feeling taking over me.

Don't!

Don't think about it too much.

"Oh? Jennie?" Irene's voice shocks me, causing my heart to almost leap out of my chest.

I tilt my head up, connecting eyes with Taehyung's round ones.

I head over to them, acting as if I wasn't leaning against the wall eavesdropping.

"I...I got the document you requested." I stretch out my hands with the stapled paper for Irene to grab.

She smiles at me before turning to Taehyung. "I had her run a report of the statistics for the social media she runs. Hopefully, the data can be used to tell us how we can move forward with our big project."

"I see," Taehyung responds, his voice a little hoarse.

Irene flickers her eyes at me, smiling tightly. "I'm hoping that you can work with Sungjae on something. I know that you two are soo close. Are you two dating?"

I frown, searching in her eyes to check if she's being serious.

"I..." 

How do I answer that?

How can she ask me that?

"Don't worry. We don't have a policy against it. Right, Taehyung?" 

I watch as she leans into him, lightly brushing her hand against his arm.

The heat flashes through my body.

There's something going on between them.

Well, duh. Aren't they together all the time?

Not to mention, that they were also together before?

I accidentally let out a laugh, it sounding hurt and strange.

Biting down on my lip, I shake my head, my fingernail digging into my palm as I curl it my hand in.

"Sungjae and I-"

Irene loudly flips through my report, almost as if not hearing my small voice. "He told me about your fun date at the club the other night. Oh, and there was a kiss?"

My mouth drops slightly. Before I could explain any further, Taehyung suddenly pushes past us causing me to trip on my feet slightly as I step back, watching him make his way down the hall quickly.

Nausea suddenly hits me, this same icky feeling returning from when I felt the night that I learned Taehyung couldn't remember me.

I feel hot and cold at the same time.

I think I'm going to pass out.

"Um," my voice shakes. "I...I'm going to take the rest of the day off."

"Sure." Irene waves with her hand, walking away without another look.

Pressing my hand against the wall, I use it to keep my knees from buckling.

There's so much that I'm trying to emotionally understand.

My hatred for Irene.

My confusion for Sungjae's tales.

My guilt and hurt for Taehyung.

It's too much and I feel that the walls are just closing in on me.

I head into a small office, locking the door behind me so I can just lean against it, trying to remain calm.

I hope Jungkook's with Yeri right now.

I hope one of us is happy.

______________

Author's note;;

Hey hey hey~ its like 2am and my eyes are looking like  e ___ e. I'm glad I updated tho! Oof , I felt for Jennie here. My heart ACHESSSS. How we processing this chapter??? Oh and guys, I just heard Sungjae's off to the military on May 11!!! My heart </3 I'll miss him.