Intimidated

March 27, 20XXFriday

March 27, 20XX
Friday

"How did I not know..." I put down my phone, having just watched Taehyung's press conference. One that I should've watched a lot sooner. 

At that press conference, the CEO of Scenery had officially announced Irene and Taehyung as co-presidents to their subsidiary, Winter Bear. 

Looking at Irene standing next to Taehyung sank my heart more than I wanted to admit. 

Yejoon stirs a little bit, having fallen asleep on my lap. Swallowing back the lump in my throat, I weave my fingers through his hair.

"Easy," Lisa answered me from the ground of my bedroom. Rolling on to her stomach, she brings up her legs behind her, "You were avoiding anything and everything that had to do with him. So it's kind of ironic that you ended up being hired at his company."

I shut my eyes, thinking about the whole situation. 

How was it possible?

Sungjae recommended me the job, so how did he end up at Winter Bear?

Why didn't Jungkook, who was so close to both Taehyung and me, warn me?

He knew I had gone in for an interview at Winter Bear and he knew I was avoiding Taehyung at all costs. So why didn't he tell me? There was no way he didn't know about Taehyung being president at Winter bear.

There's just no way.

It takes me a bit to realize that Lisa was staring up at me, studying my expressions. She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Don't tell me you're going to quit."

I bite my lip, "Lisa, I can't work there...not with Iren-"

Lisa groans, "That's exactly why you should still work there! Are you really going to give her the satisfaction of being intimidated by her? That tiny little thing?"

My eyebrows raise.

Lisa holds up her fingers close together before sticking her tongue out and pinching them together.

"Squash her. Squash him. You can't keep trying to run away from problems that are going to keep popping up, girly. I think this is all a sign that you just need to face your problem head-on and finally move on. Jennie, I miss you. I miss the cheerful and bubbly you."

Staring at Lisa's huge smile, makes me form one of my own.

She's right.

"I miss her too," I whisper back, a half-hearted chuckle escaping me.

"Good!" Lisa giggles before standing up. "Because she's going to come out tonight."

Before I could say anything else, Lisa rushes to the doorway, holding on to the frame as she leans out.

"Mrs. Kim! Mrs. Kim!"

I hush at her, checking on Yejoon to make sure he doesn't wake up.

She just waves me off, my mom's voice responding back to Lisa's from somewhere downstairs. 

"Can you babysit Yejoon tonight?!"

With an evil grin and a wink my way, she throws in,

"Because we're taking Jendeukie clubbing tonight."