Flowers

March 15, 20XXSunday

March 15, 20XX
Sunday

The day was so busy with taking my painkillers and vitamins, remembering to order my meals, and all the constant tests needing to be done on Yejoon that I had no time to think about him.

Until I did have time.

Yejoon was out for another nap and I was alone once again.

"Why did you have to look like him?" I tease Yejoon as I wipe my tears away. "I carried you for 9 months and you really decided you wouldn't look like me?"

I take my phone out from the nightstand.

I browsed over my gallery, swiping through Yejoon's pictures to come in contact with ones of Taehyung.

I pursed my lips in, holding back the urge to cry. 

Why can't we go back to where we were?

We were in love, but then he had to go...

I decide to play the short video of him, one where he's grinning so wide and messing with the camera. 

Why couldn't it be longer?

Closing out of my photo gallery, I check my text messages.

There was a secret I didn't tell anyone.

I blocked Taehyung's number.

But I had completely forgotten until this moment. I blocked it out of anger and I assumed that he was actually going to come as soon as he could and make things right again.

Stupid, right?

Though, he only texted me after I sent the photos of Yejoon. It was a long text, but in summary, he said that he cried and he was extremely sorry for missing the birth. I didn't reply to him at all because I was afraid we would make up through texts and that wasn't what I wanted.

But now, I felt that my anger was lessening as I started to really miss him. I missed Taehyung so much and now I was worried that I had ruined what we had between us by not responding. Or was I too mean to him? Though now, I can't recall what I said to him.

Oh gosh...

I wasn't worried about him not knowing where I was. Jungkook knew exactly where I was and so did his parents. There was no reason he didn't know where I was.

Jungkook said that you were on a plane and heading straight over...

What changed?

My finger trembled as I hovered over the button to unblock his number.

Yejoon suddenly starts crying and I quickly turn towards him.

"I'm sorry, Yejoon." I wipe away my tears quickly. "Did I wake you?"

Suddenly, a knock on the door causes my heart to flip, my phone also jumping out of my hand. 

"Excuse me, mind if we take Yejoon for a bath? You're welcome to come as well."

I tuck my hair behind my ears, nodding as I place my phone on the stand.

The nurse helps me up and I shuffle out the door with Yejoon and her, trying my best to calm down Yejoon.

"Oh my, he must be hungry." 

I just fed him 8 minutes ago...

I'm definitely not producing enough milk, am I?

I roll away the tears in my eyes, trying my hardest to keep myself together. 

"We'll just give him a quick bath so he can feed, alright?"

I smile weakly at the nurse. "I'll go prepare a bottle."

I give up. 

I'm giving in to the ready-to-feed bottles. 

I can't breastfeed after all.

Taking deep breaths, I remind myself to stay collected until I can cry in my room.

As I make way across the hallway, I clumsily end up colliding into someone's side.

I wince slightly, steadying myself before drawing my eyes up to meet the face of the victim.

He steadily draws an arm out, his facial features expressing concern for me.

"Are you alright?"

No.

"Y-yeah. So sorry. I should've been watching where I was going."

The guy has to be 5'11". 

How did I miss him?

I instantly note the flowers in his hands and can't help but marvel at their beauty.

How lucky...

I didn't get a push present of any sort.

He shakes his head. "Maybe I shouldn't be sprinting down the mother and baby unit like there's a fire behind me."

I crack a tiny smile.

His eyes look down at the flower in his hands right after noticing I had looked at them.

"Too ugly?"

I shake my head quickly. "No! That's not why I was look- You're wife will be really happy to get them, honestly! I could just about cry.."

He holds up his hand. "Oh, she's not my wife."

My eyes get round. "Oh, my bad..."

He laughs. "She's my sister. She just gave birth today."

Oh, phew. I thought I would start something. 

He tilts his head a little. "So, she'll be really happy to get these?"

I look up into his eyes, giving him a small nod. "Trust me. I would've loved some."

Without hesitation, he quickly takes out a rose from the banquet, holding it out to me.

I blush. "N-no. I didn't mean to-"

"Take it." He grins.

I slowly reach out for it. "But now your sister has one less flower."

He breaks the small smile into a grin. "There was only one rose in these flowers and between me and you, she didn't deserve it."

I look away to laugh a little.

"Your husband really didn't get you any?" He furrows his brows.

I drop my eyes to the ground, not even having the energy to answer him.

"Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have asked."

"It's fine." I say in a small voice.

I hadn't even realized that I kept my eyes down low until the stranger in front of me bent over to the side just to be in direct eye contact.

"116," He says.

I blink in confusion.

He straightens up, starting to walk away.

I could do nothing but stare at him, trying to understand the numbers.

"That's where I'll be this week. When you're feeling alone, you can come find me."

My eyes widen.

"O-oh."

He turns over his shoulder, a smile in place of his face.

"My name's Sungjae by the way."