Temporary

April 13, 20XXMonday pt

April 13, 20XX
Monday pt. iii
'Sungjae POV'

I lied to Jennie.

We didn't meet because of a coincidence.

I knew who she was before meeting her at the hospital.

How could I not when she was the star of Taehyung's world?

"She's perfect."

"This pain is only a reminder that this is a sacrifice and there is no success without sacrifice."

"I'm doing this for our future...the future of our family."

The minute I laid eyes on Taehyung, I knew that we would not get along.

I had worked hard to get into the program. It didn't matter that I was friends with the CEO's daughter. In fact, it only made things harder for me, since I had to prove myself to him that I was no longer that careless, difficult boy from the past. 

All that boy in the past wanted to do was get the attention of his classmates and put a smile on his crush's face. It often came at the cost of getting in trouble, but it worked for a while until the time of confession. That's when it backfired. 

Irene wasn't interested in me like that. She was just happy having me by her side, but she didn't know if that was all she needed. So, I gave her room to breath, pretending that my crush had faded over the years.

After I graduated high school, I entered the program to meet her once again. Yet, here comes Taehyung strolling in and easily earning Irene's attention, earning the attention of her father, easily getting along with everyone, and bragging about how "perfect" his life was. 

It didn't feel good.

It felt like he took everything away from me.

Jealousy works like a disease.

So, I wanted to take everything away from him.

I would steal his wife.

I thought about how it was going to be easy since I felt the tension growing between you guys.

Irene would eventually realize that Taehyung wasn't happy with her and maybe then she would realize she took me for granted.

It was perfect.

Everything was going to be temporary.

At least, it was supposed to.

The night Taehyung got in an accident, I had witnessed it all from inside the very taxi that hit him.

I had been angry and I screamed for the driver to hurry and take me home.

I made the driver nervous and when he accelerated, he had hit Taehyung.