Dream

March 6, 20XXFriday

March 6, 20XX
Friday

Taehyung had a showcase tomorrow.

His whole entire department did, actually.

It was their chance to demonstrate all their training thus far.

It was also their once-in-a-lifetime chance to rise amongst the others.

Which is why Taehyung was working to no end since Wednesday.

I set aside my textbook to rest my face onto my arms, watching him work through the screen on my laptop.

It was crazy to believe that Taehyung and I went from strangers passing each other by to being married with a baby on the way. But were we too young? We still had responsibilities and unfortunately that put us at a distance again. I just hope our hearts can stay close.

"Taehyung?" I call for him softly.

He rubs his eyes and smiles my way, reaching out for his phone.

"Hm? Yes, wifey?"

I close my eyes, humming, "Do you miss me?"

Taehyung chuckles, sighing sweetly, "More than the sun misses the moon."

My eyes flutter open to meet his. It was like I was searching to validate for truth. Shame on you, Jennie. My eyes soften when his only reflect true love.

"Did you sleep last night?" I can tell by the bags under his eyes that he hadn't at all.

Taehyung rolls his eyes around playfully before smiling my way, "What's sleep?"

I pout.

"I don't think sleep exists in Art school, Jennie."

I lift my head up and bring the laptop closer. I contemplate saying what I'm about to say, but it was for his own good.

"Then I think...we should call it an early night."

"But this is the only time we can talk..." his face falls. "You're really going to send me to bed?"

"Tae..." It was hard when he was like this, eyes big and round, his bottom lip sticking out slightly.

His eyes look down as he frowns in thought. Confused, I tilt my head slightly as I watch him.

"Go get ready for bed and meet me back in 5."

"Hm-"

He holds up his hand "5 minutes, Jennie! And not any more."

I watch as his phone flips from his hand, landing in a way I can see him slide out his dorm room with a towel behind his back.

I do as his says and quickly brush my teeth before changing into my pajamas to then sit awkwardly at my desk for his return.

His door flings open and he jumps onto the bed. "Ready?"

I raise an eyebrow, "For...?"

He raises his eyebrows repeatedly. "To sleep together."

I smile slowly. Scrunching my nose up, I ask, "Really? Like I won't be bothering you or you aren't afraid your phone will explode or-"

Taehyung clicks his tongue. "In bed, my wife."

I happily take my laptop to bed where I make myself comfortable, a fuzzy feeling around my heart.

We say our good-nights before falling silent as we attempt to count sheep.

After I think he's long asleep, he surprises me with a "Jennie?"

I shake my head at him. "Yes, Taehyung?"

"When I sleep...you know I only dream of you, right?"

I nuzzle my face into my pillow, "Mm?"

"Only you."

Taehyung gives me a wide, sleep-drunk smile.

"For there's no greater dream...

than the one of you."