Wallpaper

March 22, 20XX Sunday

March 22, 20XX 
Sunday

"I just want to go home already."

Rose gives me a sympathizing smile. "I know, sweetie, but Sanhujori is no joke."

I should be grateful, but really I'm just looking forward to tomorrow when I'll officially be discharged. 

Currently, the girls were over again. Yejoon was asleep in Rose's arms while Lisa sat beside her and Jisoo sat by me.

"What do your parents say about everything?" Lisa asks, placing her finger into Yejoon's tiny hand.

I lay back down against the pillow, staring at the ceiling.

"They're heartbroken for me, of course."

I nibble on my bottom lip slightly, "But they don't quite get it. I don't think anyone will...not the exact pain I feel anyway."

When will they understand that "I'm sorry" and "Things will get better" aren't comforting at all?

"Jennie..." Jisoo rubs my arm soothingly.

Yejoon starts crying and Rose looks over my way. "Would you like him?"

I nod as I sit up and reach out for Yejoon, holding him close to me.

Cooing at him, I try to calm him down while I check to see if his diapers full or if he's hungry.

"You're a great mother," Jisoo compliments.

Quickly opening a ready-to-feed bottle for Yejoon, I feed it to him.

"I have to be," I tell her with a deep sigh.

I no longer have a partner in this.

"You know, you still have us." Rose stands over us, feeling Yejoon's soft cheek with the back of her finger. 

Lisa giggles, rushing over to hug all of us together. "Yeah, Yejoon now has earned himself 3 more mothers."

"And a father."

Startled, I look over at the door where I find Jungkook to be standing.

He locks eyes with me, his whole face lighting up as he gives me his infamous smile.

"Two fathers," Jin corrects, walking in with a big bag of fast food.

"Oh dear lord, we were fine with just mothers." Lisa snorts.

I chuckle at all of them, but deep down, I'm grateful.

I need all their support with the decisions I'm going to have to make.

Placing Yejoon's bottle on the nightstand, I pick up my phone.

Looking over at the wallpaper on it, I can't help but be hit with nostalgia.

"Taehyung, please stop taking photos of me." I groaned as I covered my face. "I thought you were going to just take pictures of the snow."

Taehyung moved the camera away from his face. 

"I can't help it. I want to savor this moment right down to the second." 

I pouted at him, watching as he came closer.

Taking my hand, he shrugs his shoulders with a kind smile. "This is such a happy time in my life. I want to preserve the blissful feeling, to never forget it. Do you blame me?"

"How can you feel all that from an ugly photo of me," I teased him.

He chuckled softly. "Do you want to understand?"

I raised my eyebrows at him.

Taehyung placed the camera into my hands. "Take a photo of me."

Puzzled with his fancy camera, Taehyung quickly changed it from manual to auto. Taking a few steps back, He playfully spun around by the snow, giving me a smile.

Bringing the viewfinder up by my eye, I wait to take a good photo of him.

Taehyung quickly rushes by my side when I finish, grinning wide.

"You may not notice it now, but one day you're going to look back at this photo and have that exact feeling that I'm talking about. Only then, you'll understand."

"Are you okay?" 

Jungkook knits his eyebrows together, looking at me with concern.

I take in a deep breath, not realizing I was holding it in. "Yeah..."

Quickly removing the wallpaper, I set it to a standard one. 

"I'm going to be."