Too famous

April 10, 20XXFriday pt

April 10, 20XX
Friday pt. II

Taehyung and I sat a seat apart on the plane.

I got the window seat, so I was able to enjoy the view during our quick flight.

Feeling a tap on my arm, I turn to see that Taehyung's holding out a cup of orange juice my way.

I unwrap my arms from my body, taking the cup into my hands, "Thank you."

He nods, somewhat distracted. 

Curious, I somewhat glance his way as I drink my orange juice.

He's rubbing his chin with his thumb as he bounces his knee, his own juice left untouched on the tray in front of him.

What's on his mind?

"I-I'll be back." Taehyung fumbles in the pocket of his jacket before standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

I sit there looking at his seat for a while before sitting back on my chair, concerned too much for my own good. 

When Taehyung returns, I shift my eyes over to the window, pretending I wasn't thinking about him at all.

He inhales and exhales deeply, his exhales somewhat unstable as he tries to make it as quiet as possible.

The pilot announces that we're landing and I quickly finish my juice before making sure my seatbelt's secure.

When we board off the plane, I almost have trouble keeping up with Taehyung, my short strides no match for his long ones. 

I almost was tempted to grab his jacket to remind him that I was here.

He suddenly stops and as I step to his side, I see what he's facing.

"I'm sorry."

The flashes blind my eyes, the crowd of people with their cameras and microphones, blurring together.

"I tried to keep it as quiet as possible," he whispers.

Turning around, he grabs his backpack, taking out a mask to place it over my face, his fingers trembling.

I look up at him. "Tae...are you okay?"

His face is pale.

"I'm fine. I'm just sorry."

The crowds small, but big enough to intimidate him. As soon as they see Taehyung turn their way, they start to bombard him with questions. 

"V!"

"Have you done any shooting in the past couple of weeks?"

"Why the hiatus?"

I shrink behind Taehyung, eyes on his back as the lobby continues to illuminate brighter and brighter as curiosity captures onlookers as well.

It was at this moment that I realized that the man that stood before me was now V.

V was a stranger to me.

I didn't know about his life before this.

But standing behind him lets me see how small and alone he looked standing by himself.

V, V, V. 

They continue to remind me what Voltaire meant when he said what a burden becomes of a name that gets...

too famous.