Crosswalk

March 21, 20XXSaturday'First day of Spring'

March 21, 20XX
Saturday
'First day of Spring'

Did you know that if you dream about a crosswalk, it may be because there's going to be a change in the direction of your life?

"Excuse me!" I apologize as I squeeze through people. I look at the blinking light, deciding to run across the crosswalk just before it blinks red.

They also say it could mean that you're extra careful about the decisions that come your way.

"Shoot," I bend over as I try to catch my breath. "Where did he say to meet again?"

Taking out my phone I quickly pull up his last text message, scrolling up to find the address, noting that I just had a couple of minutes to get there.

Blowing my bangs out my face, I look at the bus stop. Either I wait for the bus or I run the whole way there.

"But what if it doesn't come..." I groan, but just as I had finished saying it, the bus was turning the corner.

With a yelp, I run along the sidewalk needing to get to the right crosswalk that would lead me across the road where the bus stop stood, the bus just moments from arriving.

Just as I was about to step off the sidewalk, my eyes meet a familiar silhouette already waiting there.

My eyes widen and my heart panics. Freezing in my spot, I'm stuck on making sure that it really is who I think it is:

Taehyung.

Crosswalks can also symbolize that you're always obeying the rules as you can be overly cautious.

And there was one rule that I always followed.

"Jennie!" I hear from a different direction, causing my head to swivel over to my left.

He, who I was meeting, stands across a different crosswalk, bearing a huge smile, waving his arm around.

I turn back to look in Taehyung's direction, the bus suddenly coming between us.

Was it just my imagination...

or was he looking my way?

As I turn back around, I get enveloped into a giant bear hug. My body slightly leaning in to him as I try to collect myself together.

He pulls away, his eyebrows raising up as he waits for a smile to break into my face, his own getting bigger.

"You ready to do this?"

I nod, "Mhm. After a year, I think it's finally time."

He chuckles, stuffing his hands into his coat pocket as we wait for the light to allow us to cross the street.

As the signal reads "WALK", he obeys, but I hesitate to follow, still thinking about Taehyung who just moments ago stood at the end of the other crosswalk.

"Sungjae?" I call for him.

He stops, turning around to quirk an eyebrow up.

Taking a deep breath, I shake my head, following in step with him.

"Thank you."

He laughs as we walk. "For what?"

I tilt my head up at him, gently bumping into him. "For stopping me from breaking my rule."

He looks at me, completely puzzled, but I only hum as I walk faster to our destination, knowing that I was the only one who knew of my simple rule.

Don't let Taehyung back in.