Lovesick

April 16, 20XXThursday

April 16, 20XX
Thursday

I hold onto my precious journal,

the one that's been with me for this journey.

Am I ready to get rid of it?

Am I ready to start a new one?

One without him?

I'm scared.

I wipe away my tears.

This is all started because of a quote on my feed:

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

So am I brave enough to say goodbye?

Am I brave enough to start something new?

There's no erasing the past from happening, 

but would I?

As I skim through the pages, 

I find myself reading some passages.

From the time I laid my eyes on him for the first time to the time we said goodbye at the airport.

All these mean so much to me, but now they hurt to think about.

If I could go back in time...

Would I tell myself to cherish the moments dearly?

Or would I tell myself to rewrite my story?

I wish I had all the answers...

because I'm scared that if I move on, I'll never have such a sweet moment in my life as I did when I was with him.

I close my journal up and cross my arms over it, crying but not loud enough to wake up Yejoon.

Honestly, finding out that Yeri was friends with Irene doesn't sit right with me.

I know that I should give Yeri the benefit of the doubt, but part of me feels like it's not just a coincidence.

What if Yeri was the one that told Taehyung about the program and it was because she knew Irene was there?

That would be cruel.

Really, really cruel.

I sit up and aggressively wipe away my tears, slamming my journal closed.

I can't keep feeling sorry for myself.

Life is all about lessons and I think that this is life telling me that its time to move on.

I know I've attempted to close this very chapter of my life many, many times, but I might need to close the entire book. 

Hugging my journal, I walk over to my bookcase.

I squat down and place it into the last shelf.

With a deep breath, I pick up a new one and flip through it to make sure the pages are all blank.

"Well..."

I better start creating memories worth writing about.

Determined, I walk over to my computer and quickly open it up to apply to vet schools.

Before I could do much, my phone lights up and I pick it up only to be met with a text from Sungjae:

Would you like to go on a date with me?

I hold my breath, eyeing the divorce paperwork I've hesitated on delivering.

Sungjae's been a friend this whole time.

We developed a bond and maybe its a result of our unrequited love.

I text him back quickly, my heart drumming wildly.

Time to continue my own story,

And it starts today with:

"Yes".