Kiss (M)

April 14, 20XXTuesday

April 14, 20XX
Tuesday

Over and over, I thread my fingers through my hair as I stare up at the ceiling. 

I close my eyes (dry from how long I've had them open for) and inhale deeply.

I thought a bottle of wine would knock me out, but instead, I'm left counting down the minutes until I have to step out and catch a plane back with Taehyung.

"What if I just drive all the way?" I murmur, rolling my head to the side. "What if I ask Sungjae to come to get me?"

Sungjae.

What did I even text him?

I pat the bed for my phone, catching the end of it at my fingertips, but accidentally throwing it across the room when I attempted to view the screen.

Of course...

With a groan, I get up and go over to it. When I stumble to the ground, I just I give in and lay down, becoming okay with it when I feel the cool press against my warm cheek and legs.

It took a bit of energy to move again, but I finally checked my phone, nearly blinding myself with how bright I left the screen.

I squint my eyes and open the series of texts.

I'm tired of being hung up on Taehyung...

It hurts too much, Sungjae.

Help me forget him. 

I look towards the door where on the other side Taehyung lies.

After this night, I'll finally cut my ties with him. 

I bite my lip as I try to keep it together, the sting in my heart overbearing.

It's finally hit me that I've already lost Taehyung. 

I thought that I cried myself dry already, but sometimes you can cry without tears and it's even more painful.

I didn't even realize that I had dozed off, until a loud noise jolts me awake. 

With a gasp, I sit upright, the smoke detector's blaring coming to a silence.

Was that my imagination?

I push myself off the floor and check the doorknob before slowly opening it with a racing heart.

My eyes land on Taehyung who stands on the couch, waving a magazine so that the smoke would clear from it.

Frowning, I search for the cause of the smoke and when I spot it, I seethe.