Take it slow

March 31, 20XXTuesday

March 31, 20XX
Tuesday

You did, Jennie.

You made it through another day at Winter Bear.

I stare out the window of the train, earbuds in ears. 

Today felt like a long day.

Was it because I was anxious? Or was it because I'm not used to working a 9-5?

I take a look at the seat next to me, a bag full of groceries for Yejoon and I's dinner.

There really isn't enough time in a day...

All I did after work was go to the grocery market and now I'm just going to go have dinner, sleep and then repeat.

Or did it feel long because you hardly saw him?

My own thoughts startle me. 

Why did that pop in my head?

Shaking my head, I rub my eyes. If anything I should be happy that he was away on a business venture.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and when I manage to pull it out, I realize that the screen wasn't turning on.

My eyes widen.

It died.

No, no, no. 

My bus pass!

I quickly try to feel around my pockets for any loose change, heart pounding.

I catch the sign out the window with my stop name.

Getting up, I grab my groceries and rush out before the doors can close on me.

Now what?

Do I walk it?

Taking a look at the dark sky, the uneasiness settles in. 

Slowly descending down the stairs, I can't help but look across the station, watching the opposite train pull away.

As it does, I'm left looking at the person left standing on the platform.

My heart rate accelerates as my eyes connect with Taehyung's eyes opening wider slightly before he stands taller.

Looking away, I quickly run down the stairs, away from the situation.