Advertisement

MARCH 3, 20XX MONDAY

MARCH 3, 20XX 
MONDAY

"Did you see it?" The whispers reach my ears.

I start to get a little self-conscious.

They weren't looking my way...

Gripping onto my backpack tighter, I chew on my bottom lip.

They weren't talking about me, right?

I quickly make my way to an empty lounge to sit down and take a breather.

It's hard being pregnant.

It's harder being pregnant and going to school.

Of course, I didn't always have to come. 

Just on exam days.

"He looks so good! Makes me want to sign up." The girls across the hall were squealing over something on their phone.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Jennie!" Rose waves eagerly as she makes it my way in a couple of strides.

She's so tall.

"Hi Rose," I greet her softly. 

She throws herself onto the couch.

"How are you feeling?" She wraps her arms around me and I happily sink into her hug.

"Super super tired. I probably shouldn't have come, but it feels good to just get out of the house, you know?"

Rose nods. "Of course, but like how are you feeling about the ad?"

I blink in confusion.  The ad?

Rose sits back a little. "Wait, you mean you haven't seen it? He didn't tell you?"

"Who?" I feel a bit slow, but at the same time left out.

Rose quickly pulls out her phone. "Girl, it's all I've been hearing about. Everyone is completely ga-ga for your man."

I can't help but frown. Taehyung?

"Here." Rose scoots closer to me as she holds up her phone.

I watch as she plays the video.

Close up shots of a working camera and snippets of a city make it obvious it's some sort of photography advertisement.

Looking at the lettering on the signs, it's Japan.

There are millions of voices in the video playing simultaneously as the city is viewed.

The voices are all saying, "I started here." Until there's one collective, "We all started here."

My eyes widen as all the shots slow down and Taehyung pops up on the screen.

He's wearing a mask and a cap, but there's no mistaking the eyes I know all too well.

He plays with the camera before walking downtown.

Turning around, he walks backwards, his eyes slowly meet the camera's as he finishes with, "At Scenery Studio's photographer training program."

My mouth hangs as the screen blacks out, all information on the Tokyo training program displaying.

What did I just watch?

When did they even film this?

Why didn't Taehyung tell me?

More giggles make my ears and the earlier events all click.

"I heard he's from our town, can you believe...." I manage to hear as they pass by, confirming the worst.

My heart drops and I look at Rose.

She rubs my back gently, confused that I'm not all that happy.

"He went to become a photographer..." I whisper.

"Not a model."