Challenge

March 8, 20XXSunday'Taehyung POV'

March 8, 20XX
Sunday
'Taehyung POV'

"You aren't crying, are you?" Jimin raises an eyebrow high up.

I shake my head, pursing my lips as I look back over at my phone.

Jennie...

Why won't you answer?

Jimin chuckles, a heavy hand landing on my shoulder as he waves our friends over to our table.

I lift my head up slightly, a bit irritated, really just wanting to be alone.

The other guys all set their food trays on the table before sitting, Jimin remaining standing as he looks for the others in the cafeteria.

"Dang, Taehyung. Banging Irene? You're so lucky."

I raise my eyes slowly to meet Sungjae's intense stare, his words coated with malice.

It's no secret that he's in love with her.

My face hardens. "I'm married."

"Prove it." Sungjae gives a tight smile, eyeing my phone as he takes off his backpack. "Call her."

I grab my phone, shoving it in my pocket before looking away, my tongue pressed against my cheek.

Sungjae whispers loudly, "Oh, Mrs. Kim must be so pissed. I mean wouldn't you think something's going on after seeing that his favorite thing to photograph is our very director? Oh and to take photos in a bedroom...scandalo-"

I jolt out of my seat, Jimin jerking his head to look over at me.

Bogum, who was sitting next to Sungjae rises as well. "Frickin stop this already. Let's just forget all about it, yeah?"

I narrow my eyes over at Sungjae. The way he laughs and continues eating pisses me off.

"Get your facts straight first. I came into Scenery Studio to improve what I'm lacking. I didn't want to photograph people and I surely didn't want them displayed at the showcase. Those photos were taken as a gift and nothing more."

Irene was attempting to move towards the modeling department back at home and desperately needed shots to attach to her application.

How do you exactly turn down a request from the director of the photography department? Her leaving would only create an opening, an opening that would eventually need to be filled.

Pulling me back, Jimin whispers closely, "Hey... what's gotten into you? This isn't like you to fall into Sungjae's crap."

I comb my fingers through my hair, trying to cool down.

What has gotten into me? Is it because I've had enough of all the misunderstandings? The ones between my classmates and the one with Jennie?

"I got to go." I exhale as I grab my backpack from the chair.

As I walk away, Sungjae calls out for me.

Looking over my shoulder, I meet eyes with him.

"Cut the whole "trying something new" crap. Just admit you're afraid that what you're so good at....actually isn't that good."

The grip on my backpack tightens, my heart racing.

There's silence before Sungjae continues on, "I challenge you to a Skál d'arte."

The room grows silent, heads turning as they hear the words tumble out of Sungjae's mouth.

A Skál d'arte, a battle between two photographers at the school. One where fame was on the table, but a dismissal was at stake.

"Let's do it."

Gasps ring out around me, but I don't care one bit.

"Taehyung..." Jimin warns.

Sungjae gets up from the table, making way over to the forms on the side of the cafeteria. He quickly fills one out before entering it into the dropbox.

Turning my way over, he cocks an eyebrow.

Without hesitation, I quickly push through the crowd of students gathering to fill one out as well.

Bogum and Jimin were quick to join my side, seriously trying to talk me out of it.

But It was too late, I had already set my mind.

To prove my worth,

To show my talent,

I will do it.

Signing the form, I drop it in the dropbox alongside Sungjae's.

Sungjae smirks, nodding his head in acknowledgement that we were doing this after all.

I ignore him and make my way out, catching Irene's worried face amongst the crowd.

Believe in me like I believe in myself.

On March 12,

Only one of us will remain standing.

__________________

A/N: Ahhh, I hope you all enjoyed Taehyung's POV. I think it's refreshing once in a while. What did you all think?? Any predictions?? Also, this chapter got published before it was completed. LOVE THAT FOR ME. Anyways, thanks for your support everyone!

 Anyways, thanks for your support everyone!