Accident

March 16, 20XXMonday'11:50pm'

March 16, 20XX
Monday
'11:50pm'

It was now going to be my fifth night at the hospital and I was ready to go home.

I was grateful for all the care and attention, but I was starting to feel overly suffocated. 

Plus, it didn't help that I was running on little sleep.

Yejoon was starting to become fussier and I was up most of the night trying to make sure that he was fed and diapers were changed.

I place my hand on my forehead, feeling a bit feverish.

You're just overworked, that's all.

It was a crazy day with all the paperwork shoved in my hands. There was so much I didn't understand and so little I could fill out.

It also didn't help that I couldn't get a hold of Taehyung's parents at all. They had told me they were going to let me rest after birth and just welcome me home later, but I found it strange that they wouldn't even pick up the phone.

I did wonder if Taehyung went straight home and told his parents everything. It made me sick to my stomach to think about his parents possibly hating me. They wouldn't, would they?

I let out a long sigh.

It wouldn't be fair, especially because I hadn't even told my parents about how Taehyung and I were unsteady. I let them run on the sweet little lie that Taehyung and I agreed for him to focus on his art program and then come home to baby and me. Taehyung being on the news also helped him out as they were extremely proud.

Little did they know...

I curled to my side, grabbing a pillow to sob into for the tenth time today.

I miss him.

I miss him so bad.

The pain of not having him next to me was overbearing. Love is a sickness, and certainly a weakness. The way it had me nauseated and full of obsessive thoughts physically and mentally drained me.

I reached out for my phone and quickly unblocked Taehyung's number.

As I did, text messages quickly began flooding my phone.

My eyes tried to keep up as they came through on my phone, but as I read the contents, I quickly became confused. My eyes quickly started darting down to the ones that followed.

What..?

This isn't making sense.

Why are they all telling me he was on his way...days ago?

An incoming call took over my screen, Jungkook's name reading on the screen.

My breath hitched, my heart beating sporadically.

I'm scared.

Answering it, I hold the phone to my ear.

As I tried to find my voice, my whole body shook, my hands becoming sweaty.

"H-hello?"

"Jennie!" Jungkook called for me in alarm. There was no doubt that he was straight panicked.

"Yes," I whispered out of breath, hand coming up to clutch my shirt.

"Jennie. Oh my god, Oh my god."

I never heard Jungkook like this before. The way he was saying it had my stomach in knots. 

"Jungkook," I weakly call for him, almost begging for him to just say it.

"Jennie... Taehyung..."

The mention of his name causes me to burst into tears already before Jungkook could even choke out,

"Taehyung has been in an accident."