Time travel

When Stevie got home that night, she found to be Sara already asleep in her big bed.
Both of them had never found it weird that she was still sleeping in her mother's bed but other people did. She didn't care. She liked to have her daughter by her side, it made her feel needed, safe and loved.

Silently, she scurried into the bathroom, removed her make up and changed into her nightie. She then wandered back into the bed and cuddled up next to her daughter.

It was still too early for Stevie to fall asleep but she knew she wouldn't get any rest this night, anyway.
What had just happened in the car, she asked herself as she watched her daughter sleeping next to her peacefully. Everything had gone well until he had to touch her! Why had he done that? She remembered the shiver running down her spine, when she had felt his breath near her neck.. Stop it, Stevie! Friends, friends only! That's what he suggested. I'm over him and he's clearly over me! Those thoughts are exactly why it's always been so hard for us. I need to stop that!

After hours of thinking and turning in bed, she slipped into a restless sleep.

When he drove back to his apartment, he could still smell her perfume in his car. It was everywhere. She had always been using some kind of oils and mixed them up herself which lead to the fact that nobody had ever smelled comparable.

His head was spinning around. Friends.. What the hell had he thought?! How could he ever be friends with her?! Friends tell each other everything. The thought itself, to talk with her about a man she was interested in, killed him. He could never do that!

But he knew she had moved on. She had changed a lot – not physically, she was still unbelievably beautiful to him, if not even more beautiful than ever. But her character had changed. She was a mother. She wasn't impatient or egoistic anymore as she used to be when she was younger. She had totally calmed down and didn't search for attention anymore – and still she was the center of his attention. And he had no idea if she was seeing someone.

Why did he even think about that?! They would not hook up ever again!!!
But he knew his feelings for her were never going to change. He knew it the minute she walked into the studio three weeks ago. She looked flawless. Her soft, long hair, her brown eyes, that smile she gave him... He sighed.

The next morning came and the band met again for another day of rehearsing. They got better each day and everybody was pretty satisfied with the way the songs turned out.

When it was time for a lunch break, Christine came over to Stevie.

"I cannot believe how grown up you and Lindsey behave!"

"Well, thanks, Chris!", Stevie laughed sarcastically.

"No, I'm serious, Stevie. I've never thought I'd see the two of you ever talk without ending up screaming at each other, again."

"Well, Lindsey and I talked about it. We talked about us. And we decided to forgive each other, move on and become friends."

"Friends?!", Chris shouted.

"Shh! No need to scream it out, Chris!", Stevie whispered and looked around to make sure nobody was listening to them.

"Was that your idea?!"

"No! Actually, it was Lindsey's."

"Lindsey's?!", Christine asked in disbelief.

"Yes. What's wrong with it being Lindsey's idea?!"

"Oh well, nothing, except the fact that he's never got over you and..."

"Chris, Lindsey is definitely over me! We're over. We've been for years. We talked about it. Trust me, I know when things are over!", Stevie interrupted her firmly.