Christmas, Part I

Stevie, Lindsey and Sara had had a great time at Stevie's parent's house and the following two weeks went by quickly.

It was only two days left until Christmas Eve and Stevie and Lindsey had decided to invite their families to come to Stevie's house over the holidays.

"I'm so nervous about the dinner..", Stevie mumbled for the fourth time that day and Lindsey smiled knowingly.

"Steph, it's going to be fine. Just relax, darling!"

"How's it going to be fine if I have to prepare it?!"

"I'm going to help you!"

"Thanks. Now I'm feeling better, Linds!", Stevie responded sarcastically.

Both of them knew about Lindsey's poor cooking skills.

"Steph, come here! Come here to me, baby!", he patted the space beside him. She sat down and he took her hand in his.

"Calm down! You tell me what I need to do and Sara will help, as well. I still don't get why we can't order a chef..?"

"Because my mom is going to freak out, if she finds out that her daughter let some stranger prepare her Christmas' dinner. You know, how traditional she is. She'd kill me!"

"Alright, then. We get that shit together! I promise, I'll do my very best to help you! Just don't let me alone with the oven!", he joked.

She chuckled and he could see she was calming down a bit.

"What about Sara's present? I think I have to call them again.."

"Why?"

"Because of the date. You know, we have to go there on Christmas morning. It's a surprise!"

"I cannot wait to see her face!", Lindsey said warmly.

"Me neither.. She's been wishing that for years."

---

Christmas Eve, afternoon:

Stevie, Sara and Lindsey had been working for hours. The house needed to be decorated, numerous dishes needed to be prepared, bedrooms needed to get ready and they only had 24 hours left until nine people would walk in and wanted to celebrate Christmas with them.

Stevie was totally stressed out and Lindsey and Sara needed to calm her down on a regular basis.

"How's it that you can perform in front of 20,000 people but get a wreck as soon as you have to cook dinner for twelve family members?", Sara asked laughingly and patted her mother's shoulder.

"That's a completely different thing!", she said and decorated the desserts with shaking hands.

"Mom, let me finish that!", Sara said and pushed her mother gently aside, "Take a break! Drink a coffee or whatever! But please, get out of the kitchen for awhile!"

---

They had finished their work and Lindsey and Sara sat down in the living-room, admiring the gorgeous Christmas tree that shone and sparkled beautifully.

"This is my first Christmas with a man in the house!", Sara said suddenly, slightly chuckling.

"Are you okay with it?", Lindsey asked carefully.

"I love it! I love how happy Mom is, I love how well you treat her. I love having you here, Lindsey. I couldn't ask for a better guy for my mother!"

Lindsey smiled, he was touched by Sara's words and hugged her warmly, "I love being here, Sara!"

Stevie stood in the door. They couldn't see or hear her as she watched the scene happily. This was much more than she had ever asked for. It was the first time that she really felt like having Christmas as a classic family. There they sat, the two most important people in her life and they loved each other. It was wonderful!