Family reunion

It was Friday when Lindsey and Stevie waited for Sara to come home from school. They had planned to spend the weekend at Stevie's parent's house.

When Stevie had called her mother to ask her if she could come over for a few days, Barbara was overjoyed to hear from her daughter and to see her again. Stevie didn't mention the fact, that Sara and her wouldn't come alone but with Lindsey..

She didn't want to tell her mother about Lindsey and her on the phone – it was way too personal and too exhausting to explain it all like that. She knew her mother - Barbara wouldn't give up until she knew every single fucking detail!

Thirty minutes later, the three of them sat in the car and were on their way down the road. Lindsey was driving, Stevie sat on the passenger seat and Sara in the back of the car, reading a book.

Lindsey looked into the rear mirror and watched Sara. He smiled as he saw how concentrated she was. She looked just like Stevie when she was writing into her journal. He looked on the roadway again and grabbed Stevie's hand, stroking it softly and playing with her fingers.

She looked at him as she felt his touch and saw him smiling, "What's so funny?"

"I'm just happy – that's all!", he responded and placed a kiss on the palm of her hand.

She smiled sweetly back at him and turned on the radio.

---

"I'm a little bit nervous...", Lindsey admitted when they pulled into the driveway of Barbara's and Jess' house.

Sara put down her book and lay her hands on Lindsey's shoulders, "Don't be nervous! They love you!", she said and squeezed his shoulders briefly.

He gave her a shy smile and Stevie kissed him gently on the lips, "Sara is right. It's gonna be fine, Linds!"

When Barbara saw a car pulling into the driveway she clapped happily her hands together and ran to the front door.

"They're here! Jess? Lori? Chris? They're here!!"

She ran out of the house in the front yard as Stevie and Sara got out of the car. Sara ran into her grandma's arms immediately and they hugged sweetly, exchanging some kind words.

"Hi Mom!", Stevie said warmly and hugged her mother.

"Teedee bird! I missed you! Why didn't you call me?!", Barbara teased lovingly and kissed her daughter's cheeks.

It was then when she looked up and realized Lindsey's presence for the first time.

"Lindsey??!!!"

"Hi Barbara..."

"What are you doing here....??.", she let go of her daughter and looked at her quizzically. Then her eyes flashed back to Lindsey, "Oh my God!", she shrieked as she noticed Stevie's happy face, "You two are ....?!", she didn't dare to speak it out loudly, only pointing at them with her hand.

"Yeah...", Stevie nodded and grabbed Lindsey's hand.

"Uuuuuuh! Yeeeeeeah!", she screamed happily and hugged Lindsey tightly, "I'm so happy for you! That's amazing! Oh, Lindsey, I've missed you! I really have! Why did it take you so long to get her back?!", she went on and on and didn't let go of him. Sara and Stevie were laughing while Lindsey was smiling politely and patted Barbara's back, he loved Stevie's mom.

Lori, Jess and Christopher had made their way out of the house as well, Jessica chasing after them and crashing into Stevie firstly.

"Stevie!!!! I missed you!", she screamed enthusiastically, pulling at her godmother's blouse to get all of her attention.

Stevie laughed and picked the little girl up, listening to her sweet babble and answering her patiently with a happy smile on her face. She then let her down, so she could greet the rest of the family.

One after another she took them into her arms and Lindsey watched her sweetly. She was so beautiful when she was happy.

"Lindsey! It's nice to see you! What are you doing here?", Christopher asked and hugged Lindsey.

"Lindsey and Stevie are back together!", Barbara shrieked, still excited about the news.

"You're what?!", Lori asked and looked confused at Stevie.

Stevie blushed, took a few steps into Lindsey's direction for backing. He understood immediatley and wrapped an arm around her.

"It's true, Lori. We're back together!"

Everyone was looking at them, speechless by their announcement.

"Welcome back, man!", Jess said suddenly and hugged Lindsey again.

---

They spent the afternoon in the house, drinking coffee and eating some fresh baked goods Barbara and Lori had prepared.

Everyone was chatting and laughing – it was great! Of course, they all wanted to hear why and how on earth Lindsey and Stevie had got back together and they didn't leave them alone until they heard the whole story – which was quite a long one to tell.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me!", Lori said, looking at Stevie slightly offended.

"I'm sorry, Lori. I just.. We weren't sure, yet, and I wanted to tell Sara first and then we ended up living a week at my place and... I'm really sorry."

"As long as you two are happy, now, it's all fine and you're forgiven! Right, Lori?", Christopher said and rubbed his wife's arm.

Lori still looked quite angry but the smile on her face let Stevie know she was okay.

---

The rest of the evening they sat down in the dining-room. A fire was crackling as they ate and drank plenty of wine. The atmosphere was frisky – they were enjoying themselves.

It was 3am when they got up and moved upstairs to their bedrooms. Stevie was so tipsy that she couldn't make it up the stairs by herself and Lindsey had to pick her up and carry her into the bedroom while she was giggling like crazy in his arms. He helped her out of her clothes and just as he wanted to pull her nightie over her head she ran to the bed only in her panties, looking at him teasingly.

"Come on here, Mr. Buckingham!", she smirked.

He shook his head laughingly, removed his clothes, got in bed and slid under the blankets, as well. Stevie was playing with his chest hair, still giggling and he couldn't stop laughing. She was so cute when she was tipsy.

"Let's sleep, you silly bird!", he said lovingly, turned off the lights and took her in his arms.