Returning

Their last show was over. The whole tour had been a huge success.

And even though they had enjoyed their time together on the road, all of them couldn't wait to get home and spend some time with their loved ones.

When Stevie got on the plane, she saw Lindsey sitting far away from the others in the back. She smiled and made her way to him. Sadly, they had to spend two nights in a row without each other because one night the girls had decided to come over and the other night they had been invited to their last after show party to celebrate the end of The Dance Tour.

"Hello stranger!", she said and sat down next to him.

He opened his eyes, looked at her and smiled brightly, "Hello gorgeous!", he responded and took her hand in his lap.

She looked around to make sure nobody was watching, then cuddled up next to him in her passenger seat.

"I missed you.", he whispered and kissed her on her forehead.

"I missed you, too."

"When will I see you again?", he asked.

"I don't know, yet, Linds. I hope as soon as possible. I have to tell Sara, first, you know. And I have no idea how she's going to react and I want to spend some time with her, too.. I missed her so much. And she needs me now, you know..."

"I know, Steph. And I understand. But please, promise me that you call me!"

"I promise, I will!"

"I need you, too, you know?", he mumbled in her hair and wrapped his arms around her.

"I know.."

The rest of the flight they spent like that – their fingers intertwined, her head on his shoulder. She couldn't imagine being without him for the next days. She was already so used to have him around all the time.

When the plane landed the band, agents, assistants and the crew left as soon as possible to get home. Stevie and Lindsey were the last ones to leave because they had sat in the last row and before Stevie could make a step outside, he grabbed her and pulled her back into his arms.

"One last kiss before we go?", he asked sadly.

She smiled, folded her arms around his neck, nodded and kissed him softly. He intensified the kiss as they parted their lips and their tongues found each other – warm, soft and wet.

He then tightened his grip, felt her soft, little body so close to his, buried his face in her long, golden hair and took a deep breath of her scent. She smelled so good. She held on to him tightly. She didn't want to let him go but she had to. She pulled away gently and looked into his eyes, "We have to go, Lindsey. I promise you, our seperation won't take too long!"

---

When Stevie made her way into the airport, she heard a loud "Mom!" and dark big hair surrounded her whole face when Sara crashed into her mother with excitement.

She wrapped her arms around her daughter and held her tightly.

"I missed you so much!", Stevie said and kissed Sara lovingly.

"And I missed you!", Sara looked at her mother. Both of them having happy tears in their eyes.

"I'm so glad you're back! That was way too long without you!", she said, stroking Stevie's cheek and kissed her.

The women hugged again and laughed happily.

"Karen, do me a favor and don't call me for awhile. I'm not interested in working so soon!", Stevie said laughingly to her assistant while hugging her goodbye.

Everybody was pretty emotional when saying goodbye. None of them knew for how long and the last few months had made them grow together even closer.

"Take me home!", Stevie demanded after awhile, looking at Sara, and they left the airport arm in arm, Stevie looking back one last time to Lindsey who watched them sadly disappear.
"I love you!", he mouthed and she nodded, feeling exactly the same.

---

Stevie and Sara sat in the back of the car as they made their way home. The two women giggled like crazy, both of them being unbelievably happy to be united again. When they pulled into the driveway and shortly after sat down in their cozy living-room, she started talking about the last weeks of touring, where they had been and how wonderfully the five of them had gotten along. They chatted for more than three hours – there was so much to talk about! Stevie listened to Sara's everyday life in school, her progress at her drama classes, what she had been doing the last few weeks and how she had got along with Barbara who left a week earlier when Sara had wanted to spend some time at a friend's house.

It was early evening when Sara finally hit the point, "I see, you found a solution to your problem, didn't you?"

"My problem?!"

Sara looked at her mother like 'don't even try kidding me, I know something was going on'.

 Stevie sighed, "Well yes... kind of.."

"I see.. It's great to see you happy again! I hate you seeing miserable. It doesn't suit you!"

Stevie laughed shyly.

"Sooooo..? Are you going to tell me what was wrong with you?!", Sara pushed further.

"Actually, Sara... yes! There is something I need to tell you.. I just.. Gosh, I don't know how.. I don't know where to start..."

"Mom, just split it out! It's just me!"

Stevie looked into her daughter's eyes. And it was as if she was looking at her own 17-year old self who once fell in love with that special 16-year old guitar player at a party, playing "Carlifornia Dreamin'". Sara would understand – all of a sudden Stevie was sure.

"Lindsey and I.. we.. Well, we spent a lot of time together and..."

"You're in love with him!", Sara shrieked enthusiastically, her eyes wide open, excitement written all over her face. She looked at her mother with a knowing expression.

"How do you...?", Stevie started pointlessly.

"I can see it in your eyes!"

"What do you mean?!", Stevie was kind of embarrassed. Was it really so obvious?! Did she look like a crazy fool in love?!

"I don't know.. It's just something in your eyes. There is a sparkle.. I've never seen it before. It's beautiful, Mom!", Sara replied and patted her mother's hand lovingly, "But tell me more! What happened? I wanna hear every dirty detail! Are you a couple now? When did it happen? I'm sooooooo surprised!!!!"

Stevie looked at her daughter and she couldn't help but blush when she smiled shyly, "I'm not going to tell you 'every dirty detail', Sara!", Stevie mumbled, still kind of embarrassed but happy.

"Why not?!"

"Because you're still my 14-year old daughter and not... Well, it's way too dirty to tell.."

Again, they bursted into laughter.

"I'm so happy for you, Mom! Honestly!"

"So you're not angry with me or sad or disappointed or ...", Stevie was searching for more words.

"No, Mom! I'm definitely not! In fact, I was worried because it took you so long!"

And then Stevie told Sara what had happened, about her doubts, her fears, about Lindsey who had wanted her back so badly and just how much she had wanted their relationship to work out. Only a few private things she kept to herself.

Sara listened and watched her mother carefully. She had never seen her so happy and so vulnerbale at the same time. Stevie glowed.

When she finished her story, Sara hugged her tightly and said: "I wish you all the luck in the world, both of you! I hope you make it work and won't screw it up again!"

Stevie felt her eyes tearing up already.

"I love you, Mom!"

"I love you, Sara!"