I missed you

As she arrived downstairs in the kitchen the delicious smell of pancakes was in the air.

She smiled and sat down at the table.

They began eating their pancakes with some fresh fruits and syrup as Stevie asked: "Do you miss your father?"

"You found the photo in my purse, didn't you?!", Sara replied.

"Well yes, I did. So, do you?"

"Mom, I've never met him. He died before I was even born!"

"I know... I'm so sorry."

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault."

"So, you think of him sometimes?", Stevie went on curiously.

"Mom, we talked about this a million times already. Of course, I sometimes think of him, ask myself what kind of person he was, if I share anything with him. And it's hard to know that I'll never find out because there's nobody who could tell me. But I have to deal with it, I'm over it. It's not like I'm grieving for him.. Also, I couldn't ask for a better mother than you are. You replaced him very well. I've never missed anything. It's just... Sometimes I like to look at the picture and think about what kind of person he was. That's all."

Stevie smiled, tears in her eyes, and squeezed Sara's hand tightly. She knew they'd better change the topic.

"So, what are your plans for today? Enjoying some time off from school?"

"I'll meet some friends at the beach. But I'll be back in the evening, so you can tell me everything about Lindsey Buckingham!", Sara teased.

"And we're right back to another unpleasant topic!", Stevie laughed.

"Well, you deserve it after mentioning Henry!", Sara replied sarcastically but both of them knew she was fine. It was their way of teasing each other.

"Well, I'll try to stay calm, as you want me to."

"Good girl!"

They washed the dishes and Stevie packed her bag. A car to pick her up would arrive soon and she didn't want to come too late as she usually did.

"I wish you much luck, Mom!", Sara said and hugged her lovingly goodbye.

"Thanks, sweetie. Enjoy the beach!", Stevie replied and went outside and got into the car.

Sara stood at the front door and watched her mother disappear. She knew Stevie was anxious to see her high school sweetheart after years of no talking. But she also missed her band and wanted to start a new chapter and go on tour again. She missed those guys badly.

Sara sighed and couldn't wait for the dramatic conversation they were sure going to have tonight as soon as her mother would come back home again.

---

Shortly after, Stevie arrived at the studio to catch up with John, Mick, Christine, and well, Lindsey.

She took a deep breath and walked into the studio. Even though she was five minutes earlier than needed she was the last one to arrive. Sometimes she thought, they did that on purpose to make her feel bad because she let them wait. She cleared her throat and walked into the room.

Christine was the first one to notice her and she got to her quickly to hug her warmly.

"It's so nice to see you Stevie! It's been way too long! How are you? How's Sara?"

They laughed and talked to each other, as Mick and John joined them and they did some small talk as well. It was nice to have them all around, after all these years they had spent together she couldn't deny how much she cared for them. They were family.

Even though talking to those three felt good and made her calm down, her eyes searched for that one single person that didn't show up to welcome her.

John noticed Stevie's look and said: "He's in the other room. He's been waiting for you!"

"Stevie, go! Say hello!", Chris said and pushed her gently to the door.

One more time, Stevie took a deep breath and walked into the other room. She had no idea what was going to happen but she knew she had to face him. It had been nearly 9 years since they had really spent time with each other, except for one official appearance and show they had done for Bill Clinton's election campaign two years ago, when they hadn't talked to each other at all and just smiled politely for some photos.

Now, that they were going to do another US-Tour, both of them knew they couldn't act like some teenagers anymore and needed to face each other.

As he heard the door open slowly, he turned around and there she was.

She looked at him shyly, not knowing what to say. And he didn't know, either.

The only thing he knew was that she looked absolutely beautiful. She wore a tight pair of dark jeans, brown, high platform sandals and a white blouse. Her golden hair fell long and softly down her back. Her dark brown chocolate eyes looked at him slightly unsure and he felt how all the anger of the past years melted away immediatley.
He smiled, opened his arms and she ran into them happily, holding on to him tightly.

"I missed you, Steph!", he whispered into her ear and she couldn't help but feel relieved as a bright smile appeared on her face.