Put a ring on it

First of all, I want to thank you all for sticking with me for so long. I would have never thought that this story would become such a long one but I'm really glad it turned out that way.
Sadly, I feel like it's going to end soon. I have a few more ideas for the last few chapters but I feel like I'm having a lack of creativity when it comes to any more major actions within the storyline. So, if anyone of you has some great ideas (only exception: Stevie getting pregnant again - no option for me!), please leave a comment below or send me a message! That would be great! Otherwise, I'm going to end this story in a few chapters and see what's coming up in my head next. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The following weeks went by without any special occurrences. Stevie and Sara had still no interest in contacting Barbara whatsoever and Lindsey tried to deal with their decision. It was not like he appreciated it but he knew it was not his cup of tea and Stevie and Sara still needed time to process what had happened. They had lived with a lie for 16 years, of course they couldn't forgive Barbara after a few weeks.

Lindsey tried his best to make up for all the time he had lost with Sara. So, he spent as much time as possible with his daughter, trying to get to know her even better than he already did. Sara loved having his attention. After all, this was what she had always wanted – a father!

He would teach her special skills on the guitar, swim with her in the pool, go for a jog with her and the dog or watch old VHS-cassettes of her childhood with her together. All in all, he would do all the things with her that her mother had never done because she either didn't like them or had no talent or time to do them with her.

It was a beautiful afternoon in Phoenix, when Sara and Lindsey shared a walk in the woods. They had just gone for a run for 10 miles (something Stevie would never do – she hated jogging) and walked out the last few minutes back to the house, Shadow following them behind, as Sara suddenly lifted her head up and looked at her father.

“Dad?”

“Hmm?”, he was still not used to having her calling him 'dad'. Even though, he loved the sound of it and was unbelievably happy how fast she had started using this term, it still pleasantly surprised him every single time.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Of course! Go ahead!”, he smiled at her.

“Will you marry mom?”

“Wha-aat?”, he was kind of caught off-guard by this sudden question.

“Well, I just wanna know.. I know she's been waiting for your proposal for some time, by now..”

“She is?”

“Of course!”, Sara laughed when she saw Lindsey's surprised facial expression.

“She's never told me..”

“Of course, not! It's the man's job to do that!”

“I wanted to propose to her before she left me last year..We talked about marriage..”

“I know. She told me. But since then, you haven't done anything about it..”

“Well, I didn't want to push her into something. You know how your mom reacts when you push her..”

“I know!”

“..So, I thought I'll better wait some more time. It's been one year since we're back together.. Maybe you're right. It's time.”, he smiled.

“Yeah, it's definitely time.”

They walked in silence for a few minutes.

“Can you promise me something?”