That special someone

Thanks for reading so far! :) I hope you enjoy it!

As I said at the beginning of my story, I change things up in the character's history, so short info: In my story, Stevie never got addicted to Klonopin. It just doesn't fit her role of a caring mother in my opinion. So, she never got a depression, put on weight, etc.
That doesn't mean I love her any less for what happened to her back in the late 80's/early 90's. It wasn't after all her fault. It's just not part of my story, that's all! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Stevie arrived back home at 9pm, Sara had already cooked dinner and waited for her mother impatiently.

It had been seven long hours since Stevie had left the house and Sara asked herself what could have taken her so long.. A noise in the hallway signaled her mother's arrival.

"You're back!", Sara said and looked at Stevie curiously, "I was about to call you missing!", she added laughingly.

When she saw her mother's face, she knew it was no time for joking and looked at her seriously instead, "Oh no, was it that bad?!"

"No, it was...", Stevie sighed finally and then began to laugh, "Actually, it was... I have no idea what it was!", she ended rapidly.

"Oh, I cannot wait to hear that story! Come in, I prepared dinner. It's only pasta but I bet you're hungry?"

"Pasta is just fine!", Stevie replied hungrily and followed Sara into the kitchen.

While they ate Stevie told her daughter about the band meeting.

How wonderful it had been to see them all again and what their lives had been since they'd seen each other for the last time.

Sara listened patiently until she couldn't hold it back no more and said: "Okay, fine, Mom. That sounds great! Now let's get to the point you talked to Lindsey!"

Stevie laughed sheepishly and hid her face with her hands, she then took a deep breath and told Sara about her conversation with Lindsey.

Sara hang onto Stevie's lips until the very last words were spoken. Sometimes she nodded in agreement or shook her head, sometimes she sighed indignantly or opened her mouth to say something – but she didn't.

When Stevie finally ended her story, Sara looked at her, got up, wrapped her arms around her mother and said amused : "I'm so proud of you. Of both of you. You finally acted like adults!"

She knew that the conversation between the two ex-lovers had been a big deal and she clearly saw the relief on her mother's face.

"Funny, Sara!", Stevie replied sarcastically.

"No, don't get me wrong, Mom. I know that is a big deal for both of you but you have to admit that in all those years you acted like children. I mean, I cannot even imagine behaving like you two did back in the day and I'm still a teenager!"

"That's because you've never been in love with someone that deeply!", Stevie explained firmly.

"That's true!", Sara admitted and went on, "So, what happened then? Did you just go home?"

"Well, after that conversation we sat down for some more time and just talked about casual things. What we were doing, you know. Nothing special. But it felt so good to actually talk to him again, no ignoring or screaming at each other. I think I've really missed him."

"So?!", Sara teased..

"So what?!"

"What is he doing?"