We have to face it!

She couldn't believe how easy it was as only the five of them sat there and chatted. No producers, no managers, no assistants. Only the original five fireflies.

It felt so good. Age reallyhad  calmed them all down. Sara had been right, she thought to herself.

Since most of them hadn't seen each other in a long time, their talk consisted mostly of what had happenend in each other's lives the past years.
Stevie had seen Chris and Mick a few times each year. They had always been close friends of her and especially Chris had a special place in her heart as she had been the one who looked after her all those years while they had been on the road, suffering from heartache and emotional tension in between the band.

She felt Lindsey's eyes on her. He hadn't stopped looking at her ever since she had entered the room. And whenever she looked into his direction, their eyes met each other.

It was a strange feeling and she didn't know what he wanted from her. He had been quite nice to her since she had arrived. He had listened to her attentively, smiled at her and no nasty comment had comee out of his mouth. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time he had been that nice to her.
They had parted in 1987 in a furious argument that had escalated in a physical fight when Lindsey had told her and the rest of the band that he was going to leave Fleetwood Mac. Back then, she had been so disappointed and infuriated that she had followed him the whole street downstairs to his car and had attacked him, hitting every spot of his body she had been able to reach. Looking back, she didn't even know what she had been thinking to achieve with her behavior but she had felt so hurt. After years of pain staying in the band with him, heartache, fights, arguments, drugs and girlfriends, he had just left the band and had left her behind, as well. She had felt betrayed.

"Stevie?!"

"What, yeah?", she replied surprised.

"We're leaving!", Chris said laughingly.

"Oh, yeah, I'm coming. I was just thinking, I'm sorry..", she answered quickly and got up.

"So, we see each other next week at the meeting with agents, managers and assistants?", Mick asked and looked at all of them. They nodded in agreement.

As she tried to follow Mick, John and Chris outside of the studio, she felt his hand on her arm.

She turned around and looked at him

"Got some time?", he mumbled.

"Sure."

"Can we talk?"

She sat down again and winked at Christine who understood immediatley and waved goodbye.

She got nervous again as she sat there in the room with him alone.

Being alone with Lindsey had never turned out well for either of them. At least one got always hurt.

He sat down next to her and as she looked up into his eyes she saw he was feeling the same. That helped and both of them laughed.

"I don't want to bother you or steal your time..", he began.

"You don't..", Stevie interrupted him.

"Oh, okay..", he replied.

They remained silent for awhile.

"I just.. I feel like.. We need to talk about what happened, Stevie."

"I know. I'm glad you brought that up!"

"I mean, we cannot go out there, do rehearsels, play in front of thousands of people, sleep in the same hotel and not talk to each other like we did back in the day."