The next step

The clock hit 11:30 am when Stevie and Lindsey decided to leave the warmth of their bed and got up to eat breakfast. Lindsey was already downstairs in the kitchen when Stevie bumbed upstairs in the hallway into Sara.

"Good morning", Stevie said happily, smiling brightly.

"Yeah, I heard you had a good morning!", Sara smirked with a knowing expression on her face.

Stevie's face dropped, "What do you mean..?", she asked slowly.

"Let's just say: The walls of your house are very thin!", Sara joked laughingly, patted her mother's shoulder and left Stevie behind who turned scarlet of embarrasement.

After a long breakfast, Sara left the house to meet some friends.

Stevie and Lindsey tidied up the kitchen and spent the rest of the Saturday doing absolutely nothing. It was great to have a break from work, no phone calls, no appointments, no assistents nor agents and photographers – only the two of them in Stevie's home.
It was a typical December day in Arizona, rainy and chilly outside. They had spent most of the time on the couch in the living-room, listening to some music, talking und cuddling.

Stevie had decided to not tell Lindsey about Sara's comment in the late morning. She had already felt embarrassed about it and she didn't need Lindsey to feel uncomfortable as well.

"I love being here with you. I love your home. It's so you.."

She looked up at him and smiled, "I'm glad you like it."

"I always pictured you in a house like that. Actually, I always hoped to give it to you someday. Back in the day, when we were younger, I used to say to myself, if I ever make it, I'm going to buy Stevie a huge, beautiful house.."

"You've never told me that..."

"Well, I didn't want to rise your hopes. We were poor as fuck!"

They chuckled and remembered their time together in Los Angeles. They had been in their early 20s, heavily in love and chasing their dreams of becoming rockstars.

"Isn't it funny how things turned out? I mean after all these years, so many lovers, so much heartache, so much trouble, we both are sitting here again, cuddling on the couch and holding hands."

"We've never got away from each other...", she smiled.

"I've never got away from the sound of the woman that loves me...", he quoted her.

"Perhaps, I put a spell on you..", she smirked.

"Perhaps?! You most definitely did!"

---

The following days Lindsey stayed at Stevie's place. He once drove back to his apartment to get himself some more clothes and a few more things he needed.

Stevie was surprised how well the three of them got along. It's different to be on the road and sneak into each other's hotel rooms at night than actually living together in the same house with a teenager.

They didn't argue at all, which surprised Stevie even more. When they were in their 20s they had used to fight everyday and then reconcile with passionate sex - it had just been a part of their relationship. Now, their fights were gone but the fiery passion that had always drawn them to each other had stayed.

It had been one week since Stevie told Sara about their relationship and Lindsey came over to be with them. Still, they hadn't told anyone else, yet. It was only two more weeks until Christmas and Stevie missed her family immensely. She hadn't seen her parents, Christopher, Lori and her little niece Jessica in months and she needed to be with them.

"Why don't we just go there and visit them?!", Sara asked when Stevie told her about her feelings.

"Well, I don't know.. What about Lindsey?"

"What about asking him?"

"Smart ass!", Stevie responded and stick out her tongue.

---

"Linds?", she asked shyly, knocking at the door of her bedroom where Lindsey had spent the last two hours playing guitar.

"Come in, Steph!"

She opened the door and saw him sitting on her bed. He smiled at her, put his guitar down and patted the space beside him. She walked over to him and sat down.

"Can I talk to you, Linds?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"Well, don't get me wrong.. I really love that you are here with me, with us, but there is..."

"You want me to leave you alone for awhile? That's okay, Steph. I'm surprised you let me stay that long.", he interrupted her and took her hand in his.

"No, Linds. I don't want you to go. But I need to leave for a few days.."

He looked at her confusedly, "What do you mean? You have to leave? Why? Where?"

"I really need to visit my family, Linds. I miss them tremendously.."

"Oh thank God! I thought...."

"What did you think?!"

"I don't know.. I was scared!", he smiled relieved.

"So, that's okay for you? I mean, I don't wanna leave without you.. It's been so wonderful to have you around all the time.."

"You want me to come with you?"

"You wanna?!"

"I'd love that!"

"Really?"

"Sure. I haven't seen your family in ages! I'd love to see them again."

She pushed him playfully down on the bed and kissed him happily.

"That's the next step, Steph. We're going to tell our families about us!"