It's official

It was early on Saturday morning, Stevie had been gone for eight days by now. Lindsey and Sara got along very well and Stevie called daily to hear how they were doing.

Lindsey had got up, showered and dressed. He had a surprise for Sara. He had planned something special, today.

Carefully, he walked into Sara's room and woke her up gently.

“Sara?”

“Huh?”

“You have to get up! I have a little surprise for you!”

“What is it?”, she said sleepy and looked at him quizzically.

“Get ready and come downstairs. You'll see then!”

Thirty minutes later, Sara appeared in the kitchen.

“Oh great! I see you're wearing something comfortable! Have some breakfast and we'll go!”

“Lindsey, what's up? Where are we going?”, she asked nervously.

He turned around, looked at her and grinned.

“I'm taking you to a theme park!”

“Whaaaat?!”, she shrieked in excitement, “I've never been to a theme park!”

“I know.”

“Mom never went with me. She didn't want people to look at us and follow us around.”

“That's why I'm going with you, today. I know you've always wanted to visit one. So, today's the day!”, he laughed.

She jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

“That is so cool, Lindsey! Thank you so so much!”

He held her and smiled to himself. This girl was so lovely.

In the meantime, Stevie was preparing for a TV appearance in a talk show. She had to get up early in the morning, get her make-up done, get dressed and driven to the venue.

She was still tired. The nightly shows were exhausting, she was missing her family, felt alone and she was NO morning person. Her mood wasn't very well when she waited backstage to get called in.

“Please welcome our guest, the fabulous Stevie Nicks!”

She took a deep breath, put a smile on her face and walked out.

She greeted the moderator warmly and sat down on a couch in front of him.

They did small talk for a while and she answered all the casual questions about her greatest hits box set and her tour. Always smiling, laughing and pretending to be super excited about it, even though she wanted nothing but going home.

Suddenly, the moderator placed his hand on her arm, winked at her and said: “Well, Stevie, I've got one more question for you...”

“What is it?”, she smiled politely.

“What's that?”, he asked and pointed at the screen behind him on which a photo appeared. A photo of her. Of her and Lindsey. Arm in arm. Kissing each other lovingly.

She gasped. The photo had been taken somewhere in Phoenix when they had walked the dog.

The moderator saw her reaction and smiled contentedly.

“So..?!”, he pushed.

For the first time, Stevie noticed that she and Lindsey had never made an official statement about their relationship. They had never confirmed anything. Thanks to their friends and families, everybody had kept their mouths shut and since they usually didn't act like THIS in public.... usually.

“Well..”, she started. Own it, Stevie, she thought, and cleared her throat.

“This is me and Lindsey Buckingham.”

“Yeah, we see that.”, he laughed. The audience cheered.

“So? What does it mean?”

“It means that he's a good kisser!”, she said and winked back at him. She wanted to strangle this asshole right now, who had surprised her with that photo without asking her assistant for permission first.

“So it's true?! You two are back together?”

The crowd waited for her answer tensely. She swallowed. She wished she and Lindsey had talked about things like that. They had never discussed what to say if one of them got asked such questions. She knew denying it was pointless and acutally, she was so happy and proud of their relationship that she didn't think about her answer twice.

“Yes, we are.”, she nodded and smiled shyly while hearing the crowd going crazy about the news.

When Lindsey and Sara got home at the end of the day, both of them were pretty exhausted. They had tried every attraction several times and Sara had developed a special love for rollercoasters and Lindsey had to take eight rides in a row on the same coaster with her.

“That was the best day ever!”, she said and looked at him smiling.

“Had a good day?”

“Oh yeah, definitely! Thank you so much, Lindsey!”

“You're welcome.”, he smiled, “I had a lot of fun myself!”

They hugged warmly. Suddenly, the phone rang.

“Let me take a guess! It's mom!”, Sara laughed when Lindsey picked up the phone and smiled instantly. He nodded and she left the room, so he could talk to Stevie.

“Hey angel!”, he greeted her happily.

“Linds? Where have you been? I've been trying to call you for hours.”

“Sara and I went to a theme park, today. Why do you ask? What's wrong?”

She sighed heavily and he knew she had something to tell him.

“Steph, what is it?”

“Linds.. I.. Today... Have you heard radio, today?”

“No. Why?”

“Watched TV?”

“No, Steph! We just got home. Why are you asking me that?”

She bit her lip. She had to tell him.

“You know, that I had this TV show today..”

“Yes.”

“Well, they had a photo of us...”

“A photo of us?”

“Yeah..”

She knew he had no idea what she was talking about.

“Lindsey, they had a photo of the two of us kissing each other in public.”

“Oh!”, he gasped.

“Yeah.. Well, and they showed it to the whole audience and since this was a live show...”

“...everybody saw it.”

“Exactly!”

“What did you say?”, he asked slowly.

“Well, I said... I said that we are back together.”

There was silence at the other end of the phone and she swallowed hard.

“Linds?”, she asked carefully.

“So, it's official, now.”, he said suddenly. It wasn't a question.

“I think so, yeah.. What do you think about it?”

“I love that.”, he grinned, “I love you, Steph!”