Pyjama-party?!

After hugging each other for awhile and giggling like crazy school girls, Sara was sure she had do to something to erase her mother's doubts of her relationship possibly being bad for her daughter. In Sara's opinion, there was nothing Stevie should be worried about. She was after all no little child, anymore. The only thing that truly worried Sara was the possibility of Stevie ruining the relationship. She didn't know why but she knew her mother had great talent in pushing away men that came too close to her. It was some kind of self-protection. But being in love means being vulnerable, means taking risks, means letting someone see deeply inside one's soul – and Sara feared Stevie was still too anxious to actually open up, to take that final step! She'd been alone for such a long time, it was going to be a lot hard work for Lindsey to make her trust him. And Sara hoped sorely he was willing to be patient with her mother.

Every few seconds Sara looked up at the clock in the living-room. If she was lucky she had 5 minutes! Her mother was changing into pyjamas when Sara secretly picked up the phone and dialed Lindsey's number.

"Hello?"

"Lindsey?"

"Yeah. Who's speaking?"

"Hi. This is Sara. Stevie's..."

"Oh, hi, Sara!"

She heard how the sound of his voice changed. Was he frightened?!

"Hi.. Well, I don't wanna talk around it, I got no time. Let's get straight to the point! Mom told me you're back together!"

"Yeah, that's true.. Sara, I..", he started to explain!

Gosh, he really is frightened, Sara thought to herself amusingly.

"Don't panic, Lindsey! I'm fine with it. Actually, I'm fucking happy about it!"

"Thanks God!", Lindsey sighed relieved and both of them shared a laugh, "I was terrified when I heard your voice!"

"I got that! Did you think I would try to make you leave?"

"Honestly, I have no idea what I was thinking..", he chuckled.

"Okay, anyways. Do you wanna come over?", Sara asked suddenly.

"Like coming to your house now?!"

"Yes, Lindsey. Like coming over to our house! Mom doesn't know yet, she's changing, but I figured it'd be a nice surprise! We wanted to order pizza and watch some movies.. So, if you want to..."

"I'd love that, Sara!"

Sara could hear the excitement in Lindsey's voice. She smiled.

"Great!"

"Shall I pick up the pizza on my way?"

"Good idea!"

"Okay, then. See you in like 20 minutes?"

"That'll be just perfect. Bye, Lindsey! Oh, and one more thing!"

"Yeah?!"

"Bring pyjamas and a toothbrush!", Sara added and hang up.

---

They had lit some candles and covered the whole couch with blankets and pillows – just like they always did on movie nights. Drinks and some snacks sat aside while Stevie and Sara had cuddled up underneath the blankets, a fire crackled in one corner of the room.

"Why don't you start the movie already, Sara?"

"Let's just wait two more minutes..", Sara bit her lip.

Why did it take Lindsey that long to come over? She got out of excuses.

"But why..??"

"Mom, let's just wait until the pizza arrives."

Finally, the doorbell released her.

"I get it!", Sara jumped up and ran to the front door.

She opened up and there was Lindsey, a big smile on his face, three pizzas and a backpack in his hands.

"Sorry, I'm late..", he mumbled and got in.

"No problem!", Sara said.

"Do you have your pyjamas?"

"Yeah, I do.. Why?", he asked surprised.

"Get them on!"

"What? Now?!", he asked again.

"Saraaaa? Are you okay?!", Stevie called out of the living-room.

"I'm fine, Mom!", Sara screamed back.

"Yes, now! I promise you, she'll like it! See?! Pyjama-party?!", Sara laughed and pointed at her own pyjama.

"Okay.", Lindsey chuckled.

"Go in the kitchen and get changed, then come in the living-room with the pizzas! I get us some plates."

Sara entered the living-room with three plates in her hands.

"Three?!", Stevie wondered.

"Yes, we have a special guest today!"

"Who?!", Stevie looked suspiciously at her daughter.

"Me!"

Stevie turned around and there he was – Lindsey! Her Lindsey in light blue pyjamas and with three pizza boxes in his hands.

"Oh my God!", she shrieked, jumped up and ran into his arms.

Sara watched her mother amusingly acting just like a teenager.

"What are you doing here?", Stevie asked excitedly.

"Well, Sara called. She thought it'd be a nice surprise if I came over.."

"Oh, it is. It is!"

Now, Stevie turned around and hugged Sara tightly. Lindsey and Sara looked at each other and chuckled.

"Told you so!", Sara mouthed at him.

They spent the whole night in front of the TV, eating pizza, laughing, talking and watching movies. Stevie had cuddled up in Lindsey's arms and Sara sat next to them. This was so nice.

Sara watched them closely. The looks they gave each other, the way they touched and spoke – it was really sweet. This was a side of her mother she'd never seen before – and she liked that side a lot. She was finally happy!