He's back

Eventually, they dozed off to sleep. They were holding each other tight, legs and fingers intertwined, her head on his chest. They slept for ten hours. Finally, having each other back again and willing to rest.

When he woke up it was evening again. They had slept the whole day – it didn't matter. Nothing really mattered as long as she was here with him. He felt her small, warm body close to his and listened to her breathing, it was so peaceful. It was an incredibly beautiful feeling to have her back, to have her in his arms again. He couldn't help but being proud of himself for finding the right words to win her back. He knew they still needed to talk about their relationship, how to move on, about anything that had happened the last four months but that discussion could wait. Right now was all about them, about them being in this bed together.

Carefully, he turned around and pulled the blanket, that she had wrapped around her body, down. His eyes wandered lovingly over her exposed skin. She was so beautiful. His hands slid over her nude body, so soft, so gentle. His lips placed light kisses on her neck, shoulder and cleavage until she began to stir.

She woke up slowly, she looked sleepy and her eyes were still a little bit puffy and red from crying. As she saw him she smiled sweetly.

“Good evening”, he whispered, tucking a strand of golden hair behind her ear.

“Hey...”, she replied and turned on her back, stretched her arms out over her head and sighed happily.

The blanket had moved farther down by her movement, showing off her complete exposed upper body and he couldn't stop staring. He moved on top of her quickly and covered her breasts with kisses, his tongue caressing her nipples, slightly sucking on them.

“Lindsey!”, she laughed when she felt him shifting further down to her stomach. His mouth was now at her pelvic bones and she slightly parted her legs to make him lie there more comfortable.

“Oh, fuck Linds...”, she moaned as his lips touched the inside of her thighs and moved slowly higher to her sensitive area. He parted her legs wider and then his tongue found her most sensitive spot, licking it softly, playing with it, feeling her body trembling, her chest rising up and down quicker as her breathing increased.

“Oh God...”, she whimpered in a high voice and her hands clawed into the bedsheets.

He enjoyed how much he got to her and increased his movement, his fingers joining his tongue. Her whole body was shaking now, her hips moving up and down in their usual rhythm. She breathed heavily, quietly crying his name, repeating it over and over again when she felt his fingers inside of her, slowly moving in and out, his tongue not leaving its place.

“Oh, just fuck me!”, she screamed desperately but he shook his head, not following her command.

“Let me finish this!”, he mumbled and kept going.

She was close, he felt it. She couldn't describe what he did to her – it was just too much. She couldn't think anymore, couldn't speak anymore, only feel. Feeling him.

She cried out loud when she orgasmed heavily, rising her hips up in ecstasy, crawling her nails into his scalp.

When he got up from beneath the bedsheets again and they met in a lazy, wet kiss, she pressed his body as close to hers as possible.

“I love you.. I love you.. I love you, Linds..”, she whispered in between their kisses.

“I'm so sorry I left you.... I'm so so sorry..”, she admitted and when he opened his eyes and looked at her he saw that she was crying again.

“It's okay now, Steph”, he calmed her down, “just never do it again!”

“Never!”, she promised.

They spent the next three days in bed, only getting up for food and the bathroom.

Being here with him she couldn't imagine how she had made it four months without him – well, actually she hadn't made it, she had been a wreck, she thought to herself.

“I know, I told you about the way I feel in front of the door on Friday.. but I think it's important that we talk about all this, again.. That we talk about us, our relationship, our break-up.”

She looked up at him. This coming from him was a huge deal. Back in the day, he had never been able to talk about his feelings and thoughts – now, he was the one to come up with them.

“I know.. you're right.”, she nodded nervously.

“Steph, you hurt me immensely, you know? Can you imagine how much I suffered when you left me in that hotel and I couldn't reach you? You shut me completely out! I didn't even get a chance to explain myself to you! We can't go on like this! You hear me?!”

“I know...”, she repeated sadly, tears were already forming in her eyes again. She knew exactly how much she had hurt him as she had gone through the same heartache for the last few months.

“From now on, we will talk to each other! We will talk to each other as soon as someone feels uncomfortable! No more leaving, no more ignoring, no more running out of this! Agree?!”

“I agree.”

“Gosh, I love you so much, Steph..”

“I love you, Linds.”

“How could you ever come up with the idea that you weren't enough for me to be happy?!”

“I just... I..”, she was sobbing now and he let her cry it out, “I saw you with those children.... And I.. I guess I freaked out..”

He nodded understandingly and stroked lovingly her arm while he held her close to him.

“I just remembered how much you've always wanted to have your own family, a bunch of kids.. And I was afraid that someday, somehow, you would blame me for staying with me and keeping you away from becoming a father..”

Hearing the words coming out of her mouth, her face wet from tears, hurt him. It hurt so much too see her like that and he could only imagine how much she had suffered those last months, having these kinds of thoughts in her head.

“I would have loved to give you children, you know... Being the one to give you the most precious gift in the world.. but it's too late, Linds. I'm too old..”

“Oh no, Steph, don't!”, he pleaded, tightened his grip and kissed her forehead.

“I just wish we had made it 10 years earlier...”

“Stop it, Stevie. Please, don't go there. It's okay. We're okay. We have one another. And we have Sara. That's enough! And I couldn't have children with any other woman, anyway.”

“I'm so sorry, Linds.. So so sorry..”

He covered her face with kisses and didn't let go of her.

“Never leave me again, Steph.”

“I won't.”

Two more days went by, only the two of them, when the doorbell rang.

As soon as Stevie opened the door and Sara saw her mother's face, she knew it instantly.

“He's back?”

“Yeah.. He is..”, Stevie nodded eagerly, happy tears were running down her cheeks when Sara hugged her tightly.