The Opening Show

Stevie was sitting in her dressing room. Sharon, Mindy, Karen and Christine had joined her and they were having last work done on their make-up and hair.

"I'm fucking nervous!", Stevie sighed.

"Me, too.", Chris replied instantly.

They looked at each other and laughed.

"It's going to be fine, you two! Rehearsels went great.", Sharon tried to calm them down.

"I know", Stevie answered, "it's just.. it's been so long since we've done that. I hope we won't disappoint anyone. We're not in our twenties anymore."

"The schedule is tough, you're right, Stevie! But we can do it!", Chris looked at her and Stevie nodded. Chris was right, they were well rehearsed and they would push through the next weeks.

"10 minutes!", Karen said and walked out of the room.

The telephone rang and Mindy took it, "It's for you, Stevie!"

"What? No, I've got no time for that, now.", she said nervously.

"It's important!"

"Fine!", she took the phone.

"Hey Mom! I just wanted to wish you the very best of luck for tonight! I think of you!"

"Oh, Sara! It's you!", Stevie's face went softly.

"Of course, it's me. I cannot let you walk out on stage without a call!"

"Aww.. That's so sweet, honey. But I have to hurry up!", she said, watching Karen's impatient face looking at her from the door.

"Just get out there and rock the stage, okay?! I love you, Mom!"

"I love you, too, baby!"

"Greet Chris and all the others from me!"

"I do. Tell your grandma I'll call back later!"

"I will. Bye, Mom!"

"Bye, sweetheart!"

---

Lindsey waited for her at the side of the stage. He smiled at her.

"Two more minutes!", Karen said.

Stevie could hear the crowd outside, applauding, screaming and singing. Her heart was pounding heavy inside of her chest. She was so nervous.

Suddenly, she felt his fingers intertwining with hers. She looked up at him and he smiled sweetly down at her, "You're going to be just fine, Steph", he said softly.

His fingers were playing with hers and she felt a tingling sensation running through her body as he kissed her hand and pulled her out on stage.

---

The show went great. The crowd welcomed them back so happily and full of joy - it was overwhelming!

As they stood out there on stage, the five of them, for the final bow, she felt happier than she had done in a long time.

She twirled around and couldn't stop smiling. This was the way it was supposed to be.

---

Two weeks went by. Night after night, show after show and Stevie started to get her routine back. It was tough, it was hard – but it was totally worth it.

Sara had visited her, stayed with her for two days and went back home for school. Being without her for so long hurt immensely but they called each other daily to make sure the other one was doing fine.