Confusion

The door closed as the two men left the dressing room.

Stevie wandered back to her dresser and fell down onto the chair. Outside there were people screaming, talking, laughing and singing but she couldn't really hear them.

She looked up in the mirror and saw her own reflection staring right back at her. Her fingers touched gently her lips - only seconds earlier, his lips had kissed them.

She shook her head eagerly, buried her face in her hands, completely shocked.

What did just happen?! How did that happen? Why did she even allow that to happen?! She wanted to cry but she couldn't. All of a sudden, she got up. She needed to leave this place. Needed to leave before anybody came in here, before he came back in here.

Quickly, she grabbed her glasses, her purse and a jacket and ran outside of the dressing room. Along the way, she bumbed into Karen.

"Car?!", Stevie mumbled agitated.

"Is waiting outside in front of the back door as usual..", Karen started to explain.

Stevie nodded and ran down the corridor right to the back exit.

As she rushed into the car, she heard Karen calling: "Are you fine, Stevie?"

"Just tired!", she answered briefly and closed the vehicle door.

Ten minutes later she arrived at her hotel, still confused, still not knowing what she should do, now. She felt as if she was stuck in a bubble, no sound reached her ears.

The elevator brought her up to the 6th floor, she went down the hall, her head still spinning around, she opened the door of her hotel room and fell down on the bed.

Thoughts were exploding inside of her head. Regret, lust, anger, love, disappointment – it all was right here torturing her. She got up again, she needed to move.

Quickly, she got out of her stage costume and threw it in one corner of the bedroom. Her lingerie followed. She put her hair up in a bun, walked into the bathroom, stepped into the shower and let the hot water run all over her body.

She could still feel his big, strong hands, could still smell him, taste him, hear his voice, his heavy breathing, saw his gray blue eyes that looked into hers...

The hot water burned painfully on her skin but it wasn't even comparable to the fire that was burning inside of her.

She changed the water temperature and nearly started to scream as the ice-cold water touched her skin - but she didn't let out one sound, just standing there feeling the pain.

A few minutes later, she got out of the shower, dried her body off with a towel and changed into a black nightie and some black lace panties. 

Back in the bathroom, she opened her bun again, letting the soft, golden hair fall dry onto her shoulders, her hands grabbing a cotton pad to remove the rest of her make-up as she heard a soft knock at the door...

---

Lindsey followed Mick backstage.

He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to be anywhere. He just wanted to be with her.

He couldn't believe that it had actually happened. That he had kissed her, held her, felt her. His heart was pounding fast. She had felt so good, so familiar, so close to him...

"We cannot remember the correct order of the guitar arrangement, Lindsey!", some guy named Luke told him.

"What the fuck! And that's why I needed to come here?! To order my guitars?!", he yelled at the man, furiously, "It doesn't fucking matter how they are arranged. Stop bothering me with that fucking shit!"

He turned around, leaving a group of confused guys behind him, hearing Mick's voice saying: "I think he had a bad day.."

He ran down the corridor as fast as possible, crashing back into Stevie's dressing room. He looked around but she was gone.

"No..", he sighed.

"She's gone. She left 15 minutes ago. She was tired."

He heard a voice behind his back and turned around – Karen.

"Where is she?", he asked pleadingly.

"At her hotel."

"Which one? Which room?"

"Why..?", Karen started.

"Please, Karen. Just tell me what I need to know."

Karen saw that something was wrong but decided to give him Stevie's address and room number. He thanked her and ran outside to get a car.

---

She stopped. Then, there was it again, a knocking on her door.

She felt fear coming up inside her. The knocking continued. Slowly, she moved out of the bathroom, standing now in the hallway only in her black negligée, barefooted.

"Stevie? Stevie, please, open up!", she heard his voice begging.

Oh no, it's him.. What am I gonna do, now?

"Steph, open the door! I'm begging you, please. We need to talk. I need to see you.."

She bit her lip nervously. She didn't want to open that door, didn't want to face him now - not yet. She wasn't strong enough to hear him explaining himself to her.

"Steph, open up! I know that you're in there. I won't go until you let me in even if I have to call your name for the next fucking 10 hours!"

There was no way out. She knew he would do as he said, if she didn't open up that door. And if there was one thing she didn't want to happen it was for him to wake up the whole floor.

She grabbed her black silk robe and wrapped it around her body, took a deep breath and opened up the door.